Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal AE 147 SS Flat nose in G34

Federal AE 147 SS Flat nose in G34

Im looking for something more consistent and accurate for my gamer loads in my G34

Anyone know if the G34 will feed the Fed AE 147 flat nosed ammo reliably before I buy several thousand rounds ?

Anyone shoot this ammo first hand ? AE9FP ? FPS ? I have a friend who said he was shooting some and didnt realize it was Sub Sonic.
    You should be able to tell........
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

Why should you be able to tell?

All my 9 mm Glocks feed AE9FP--it the only 9 mm I have shot this year; in fact, I've watched millions of rounds of it go down range over the past several years...

As noted in another thread, here are two 10 rd 25 yd groups fired using AE9FP from two different pistols:

G19:

M&P9

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Why should you be able to tell?
    I cant speak for a vast array of ammo, but when Im shooting 147 sub sonic I get locally not only can you hear the difference but you can feel how much softer it shoots. The goal here for a minor power game load is only to make minor power factor and be as soft shooting as possible as far as power go. The difference between a 124 going 1150 FPS and a 147 going 935 is significant. Which is why I wanted to know what FPS this ammo is at.

www.anti-fragile.net

+1 Doc.

I just tried some of this ammo this weekend and while I only got out to 15 yards for a few rounds (80 total) as I was primarily coaching my younger son's shooting. But what I saw - I liked big time. I'm gonna have to test this more seriously out to 25 and 50 yards.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

"The difference between a 124 going 1150 FPS and a 147 going 935 is significant."
    Significant in what respect? Trajectory? Intermediate barrier capability? Terminal performance? Weapon function?

Significant in what respect? Trajectory? Intermediate barrier capability? Terminal performance? Weapon function?
    In muzzle flip and felt recoil.

Not trying to be rude here, but really you dont feel the difference shooting light loads ? You can go even lighter that 935 with a 147 grain and still make minor pf .

www.anti-fragile.net

It's a big difference in felt recoil. I'd had several magazines loaded to 10 for IDPA with 147s, and decided to shoot up some 115s (loading them on top) while doing some drills where I wasn't focusing on the pistol as much. Oh man, you could tell when the 115s stopped and the 147s started.

I must be numb, I can't tell the difference in standard velocity 115-147gr ammo from recoil. +P I can tell the difference, but it's slight.

Nope, like tpd223 I can't tell any significant difference between the different standard pressure 9 mm loads we've used--115 gr, 124 gr, 147 gr.

Nope, like tpd223 I can't tell any significant difference between the different standard pressure 9 mm loads we've used--115 gr, 124 gr, 147 gr.
    Maybe a skosh in slow fire but running a drill I can't tell the diff either.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List