Thread: Glock Sight Question

Site Supporter

Glock Sight Question

The Ameriglo Hackathons for my G45 came in today. The package says “Gen 1-4”. Is the method for attaching sights for the Gen 5 guns different, or did the packaging just not change?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The Ameriglo Hackathons for my G45 came in today. The package says “Gen 1-4”. Is the method for attaching sights for the Gen 5 guns different, or did the packaging just not change?
    Some makers provide a taller front sight for G5 pistols, but in my experience G1-4 Ameriglo heights work well on the G5 19/45.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Just as a follow up, I installed the sights and POI is right about on top of the front sight. The factory sights hit low unless I used a drive the dot sight picture.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Some makers provide a taller front sight for G5 pistols, but in my experience G1-4 Ameriglo heights work well on the G5 19/45.
    Just a follow-up on this FYI. I installed the "Gen1-4" sights on my G45 and they work well for me. I'm an older guy and learned to shoot when black-on-black sights were considered the hot setup, and you zeroed the gun so your POI was on top of the front sight. The Gen 1-4 setup does that for me. I've since learned that the front sight on this set is .165" high, while the one for the Gen 5 set is .180" high, which naturally would give a lower POI with the same POA.

Site Supporter
    I am using Gen 1-4 sights on my Glock Gen 5's and they work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Just a follow-up on this FYI. I installed the "Gen1-4" sights on my G45 and they work well for me. I'm an older guy and learned to shoot when black-on-black sights were considered the hot setup, and you zeroed the gun so your POI was on top of the front sight. The Gen 1-4 setup does that for me. I've since learned that the front sight on this set is .165" high, while the one for the Gen 5 set is .180" high, which naturally would give a lower POI with the same POA.
    FWIW I've had two Gen 5 19's, one Gen 5 26 and one Gen 5 34. All shot point of impact = point of aim with a 0.256" rear and 0.180" front using a shoot the dot hold (put dot on center of bull) with most all the brass FMJ I typically use (American Eagle 124, 115).

From what I've been able to gather, Gen 1-4 Glocks were sighted for a center hold where the POI is the top edge of the front sight. Gen 5 Glocks seem to be sighted for a drive the dot or combat sight picture where the POI is the center of the front sight dot. I believe this may have been a result of the FBI's input during the development of the M pistols. Using Gen 1-4 sights on Gen 5 Glocks will return the POI to a center hold. Replacing just the front sight also works.
    Last edited by gunslinger2401; 07-28-2022 at 05:22 PM.

User Tag List