Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To SBR or Not to SBR? That is the question.

If a firearm is manufactured and registered as a pistol, how can the short barreled rifle tax stamp apply? Not being a rebel rouser or trying to sound like a doofus, I'm just curious. Wouldn't a short barreled rifle stamp be non-applicable to a pistol with the ATF? If you wanted to attach the stock and shoot something like the stock designed BHP and Mauser pistol would you be able to get an SBR rifle tax stamp to be legal?

"The worst stock is better than the best brace." Not true in all applications.

Example: Fitment inside the right side saddle bag of a 2017 Harley Davidson Electra Glide.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    If a firearm is manufactured and registered as a pistol, how can the short barreled rifle tax stamp apply? Not being a rebel rouser or trying to sound like a doofus, I'm just curious. Wouldn't a short barreled rifle stamp be non-applicable to a pistol with the ATF? If you wanted to attach the stock and shoot something like the stock designed BHP and Mauser pistol would you be able to get an SBR rifle tax stamp to be legal?
    You can form 1 SBR any pistol you choose.

"The worst stock is better than the best brace." Not true in all applications.

Example: Fitment inside the right side saddle bag of a 2017 Harley Davidson Electra Glide.
    There are plenty of stocks that take up no more space than a brace.

Example. The Magpul BTR brace is slightly thinner than a MOE stock, but any place you would want to conceivably store the gun would work with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    There are plenty of stocks that take up no more space than a brace.
    I don't know, it's kind of tight quarters in there. It is more than just the OAL.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I don't know, it's kind of tight quarters in there. It is more than just the OAL.
    Law folders are well worth the money.

Cool

Law folders are well worth the money.
    Keeping a scooter upright and oriented at speed while drawing then deploying from the saddlebag is complicated enough. I don't think unfolding a stock will uncomplicate things.
    Last edited by medmo; 05-17-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Keeping a scooter upright and oriented at speed while drawing then deploying from the saddlebag is complicated enough. I don't think unfolding a stock will uncomplicate things.
    Lol what???

Talking

Lol what???
    It is possible to ride a motorcycle on cruise control, draw from the right side saddle bag, fire from locked and loaded, all one handed. I don't think unfolding a folded Law foldable stock is going to make things less complicated or even do-able one handed.

Site Supporter
    It is possible to ride a motorcycle on cruise control, draw from the right side saddle bag, fire from locked and loaded, all one handed. I don't think unfolding a folded Law foldable stock is going to make things less complicated or even do-able one handed.
    Wow - I can see where that would be handy… if engaging a Terminator T1000 on the road.
    Otherwise it sounds downright scary.

Site Supporter
    I hope this is a joke and not the most fucking horrible and bassackwards idea I’ve read all month.

What’s your plan if you suddenly need to stop? Drop the rifle and hope you have time to grab some front brakes or just slam on the rear brake pedal and hope you can control the lowside and hopefully keep from high-siding with only one hand on the bars while you’re trying not to shoot yourself?
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-17-2022 at 04:59 PM.

You've literally never done this.

User Tag List