Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To SBR or Not to SBR? That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post

The worst stock is better than the best brace.
    Truth.

I’ll never do an SBR again, at least not on a MSR platform. The stability offered by the current crop of braces is more than adequate for the ranges a barrel that short is useful.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Truth.
    Completely disagree.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    I’ll never do an SBR again, at least not on a MSR platform. The stability offered by the current crop of braces is more than adequate for the ranges a barrel that short is useful.
    …until the BATFE declares that they are actually “stocks”, come August.

That is my motivation to SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

Same. If the ATF wasn’t about to bone us again, there’s be no reason to SBR an AR-15 style shorty anymore.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Hammertime
    My best buddy just E filed his braced AR pistol and got it back in like 11 days. Shot it with a stock for the first time yesterday and would never go back to a brace. From a shooting perspective it is night and day better with the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    My best buddy just E filed his braced AR pistol and got it back in like 11 days. Shot it with a stock for the first time yesterday and would never go back to a brace. From a shooting perspective it is night and day better with the stock.
    Grumble grumble grumble…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

If ATF bones us later this year, then I'll probably do it. With no suppressors in IL, I just haven't seen the need to SBR anything. If it was free, sure. Just not sure it's worth $200 for the "upgrade". The SBA3/A4 is suitable for my needs. No they're not stocks, but they're a heck of a lot better than a buffer tube with foam on it. Plus I get the benefit of being able to keep it loaded in the truck being as it's still a pistol, which I couldn't do if it was SBR'ed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    If ATF bones us later this year, then I'll probably do it. With no suppressors in IL, I just haven't seen the need to SBR anything. If it was free, sure. Just not sure it's worth $200 for the "upgrade". The SBA3/A4 is suitable for my needs. No they're not stocks, but they're a heck of a lot better than a buffer tube with foam on it. Plus I get the benefit of being able to keep it loaded in the truck being as it's still a pistol, which I couldn't do if it was SBR'ed.
    Hmmm. I was under the impression that if a firearm started as a pistol, when it had a brace on it (or a bare RE), then it was still a pistol, even if registered as an SBR.
    That was pretty much my plan… to be able to put a stock on a sub-16” barrel weapon (because SBR’d), but still use as a pistol for carry and automobile purposes when no stock was attached.

Can anyone here cite a reference saying that the above is not possible?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I could be wrong, and I’d certainly like to know if I am. But I thought that an SBR is, as the name clearly states, a Short Barreled Rifle and the permissions/restrictions of a pistol no longer apply. Now you go by rifle rules.

User Tag List