Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms G43 magazines?

Site Supporter
    Sample size of one, but my S15 magazines have run without issue over about 1.5k rounds through my gray slide G43x. They are the Gen 2 mags and I am using the metal mag catch. I think most of the problems came from the first Gen magazines.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Yes I know what the breechface cut is. My point was that all Glock 48s and Glock 43Xs have it. If your G43X doesn’t have one, it’s because you’re using a G43 slide like you did with your G48. If the Shield Arms mags have problems with slides that have the breechface cut, then they aren’t reliable mags for their intended purpose. The whole point of those mags was to get G19 capacity in a G43X/G48 and those guns have breechface cuts.
    Yup, that's why I specifed G43 slide, not G43X.

The only way to determine if the S15 mag is reliable with your particular gun is to install the steel magazine release and try one out.

I would rather it be 7 or 8 rounds and flush with the magazine well.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Yes I know what the breechface cut is. My point was that all Glock 48s and Glock 43Xs have it. If your G43X doesn’t have one, it’s because you’re using a G43 slide like you did with your G48. If the Shield Arms mags have problems with slides that have the breechface cut, then they aren’t reliable mags for their intended purpose. The whole point of those mags was to get G19 capacity in a G43X/G48 and those guns have breechface cuts.
    Exactly

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    This.

When the word came out about the S15 mags they said they were originally working on a higher capacity mag for the 43. All that time for this?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    This.

When the word came out about the S15 mags they said they were originally working on a higher capacity mag for the 43. All that time for this?
    Name:  1616562173356.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  34.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    If they are anything like the s15s they won't be reliable enough for carry. Just get a cr920 imo
    Mine work great.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mine work great.
    Lucky. I really wanted mine to run but sadly no

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Agree. With the extension it's almost 43x/48 length.

I also want a wide body 43 with 7 or 8 round capacity

I received one new Shield Arms Z9 Magazine Combo yesterday for my G43. That’s one Z9 magazine and one Shield Arms Mag Catch.
    The fit and finish on the magazine is first class and loading nine rounds was no problem. I have not installed the mag catch yet and I did notice that when loaded, the magazine does not drop free. Unloaded, it does…
    When seated in the 43, the height, compared to my 43X with OEM magazine, is slightly shorter.
    I’m planning on running the G43 as a pocket gun for a while, utilizing a Vedder Pocket Locker, somewhat problematic for the 43X, as it has a MRDS.
    I’ll advise once I get some trigger time with the Z9.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Tag List