Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms G43 magazines?

Shield Arms G43 magazines?

Is this something new? 9 round magazines for the G43?

https://shieldarms.com/z9?mc_cid=2ea...eid=51dea8aa0f

Not sure if I’d do it, but… interesting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

If they are anything like the s15s they won't be reliable enough for carry. Just get a cr920 imo

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

But if you do use them let us know! Have a g43 that doesn't get much love at all.

But my s15 experience (owned 10 of their mags) was a little annoying

I’m very unlikely to try them - I’ve heard enough stories of woe about their S15 magazines to be shy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    If they are anything like the s15s they won't be reliable enough for carry. Just get a cr920 imo
    The "reliability" issue of the S15 magazine is limited to Gen 5s with the breech cut.

The S15, when fully seated, wiggles fore and aft much more than an OEM magazine, and leads to inconsistent engagement of the case rim, of the cartridge being stripped from the magazine, with the breech cut, causing a failure to feed stoppage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    The "reliability" issue of the S15 magazine is limited to Gen 5s with the breech cut.

The S15, when fully seated, wiggles fore and aft much more than an OEM magazine, and leads to inconsistent engagement of the case rim, of the cartridge being stripped from the magazine, with the breech cut, causing a failure to feed stoppage.
    Don’t all Glock 48s and 43Xs have the breechface cut? My girlfriend has one of the early 48s with the silver slide and I’m pretty sure it has the breechface cut.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

That is all of them then. All g43x and g48 have the breech face cut

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Don’t all Glock 48s and 43Xs have the breechface cut? My girlfriend has one of the early 48s with the silver slide and I’m pretty sure it has the breechface cut.
    I have a G48 that doesn't reliably function with the S15 magazine, but if I swap the slide with my G43 slide, which doesn't have the cut, it runs flawlessly with the S15 magazine.

Most guns with the breechface cut apparently don't have function issues with the S15 magazine, and functionality is dependent on the peculiarities of each individual gun.

Examine the breechface. If you see a shallow channel milled into the corner of the breechface opposite of the extractor, then you have a slide with the breechface cut.

I have a G48 that doesn't reliably function with the S15 magazine, but if I swap the slide with my G43 slide, which doesn't have the cut, it runs flawlessly with the S15 magazine.

Most guns with the breechface cut apparently don't have function issues with the S15 magazine, and functionality is dependent on the peculiarities of each individual gun.

Examine the breechface. If you see a shallow channel milled into the corner of the breechface opposite of the extractor, then you have a slide with the breechface cut.
    Yes I know what the breechface cut is. My point was that all Glock 48s and Glock 43Xs have it. If your G43X doesn’t have one, it’s because you’re using a G43 slide like you did with your G48. If the Shield Arms mags have problems with slides that have the breechface cut, then they aren’t reliable mags for their intended purpose. The whole point of those mags was to get G19 capacity in a G43X/G48 and those guns have breechface cuts.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Surely Glock will offer the 43 with updated MOS slide like on 43x, and “wide body” to hold maybe 8, then utilize the 43x, 48 mags! At least I hope!

User Tag List