Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with the Beretta 92X RDO?

Experience with the Beretta 92X RDO?

I'm looking at adding a Beretta 92X RDO to my stable of Berettas for use as a dot gun. Does anyone here have experience with mounting an RDO in Beretta's factory mount? Any issues with fasteners or adapter plate fit?

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I'm looking at adding a Beretta 92X RDO to my stable of Berettas for use as a dot gun. Does anyone here have experience with mounting an RDO in Beretta's factory mount? Any issues with fasteners or adapter plate fit?
    The factory mount fits the machined 'grooves' in the slide very tightly, and there's zero movement. The plate came with 2 sets of screws [Burris plate] and once torqued, there is no movement.

Name:  20220211_162754.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  35.1 KB

Mounting this Fastfire 3 was straight forward using the screws supplied by Burris. I picked this up used for just over a hundred bucks, and is my first go into 'dot life'. My free Trijicon plate is being shipped shortly.

Name:  20220213_143219.jpg
Views: 2640
Size:  90.9 KB

The FF3 is mounted in front of Wilson's Battlesight. There is no using the sights when the optic is mounted...period. With this particular dot, I don't know if suppressor sights would even help. The base of this dot is tall in relation to the rear sight.

In the picture below, you can see the height of the plate in relation to the sight. Again, I'm new to dot life, but reading over @ Beretta forum, the Langdon plates on his pistols sits only about 2-2.5mm lower on the slide.
    I spoke with them ,and an RDO gun cannot be milled to accept their plate system, so if the user wanted to go Langdon, they'd better purchase a non RDO gun.

Name:  20220213_143339.jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  62.0 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Thanks for the pictures and information, looks like a good mounting option.

If you are serious about a dot gun and already own Berettas, I think you would be better served just buying a red dot ready slide from LTT

I'd rather not use the Langdon mount for a few reasons: (1) It is not available for the Aimpoint Acro; (2) the BUIS are very high, obscuring more of the window than I believe is necessary and requiring a very high front sight. I could cut down both sights but I'd rather not; (3) it is nearly the same cost as a 92X RDO. A Langdon slide runs $600 or more and I can get a 92X RDO for less than that. I don't begrudge Langdon their prices--I have two of their 92G Centurions--but I'd rather not spend that much on a slide and be limited to the RMR footprint.

The 92X Centurion is pretty smooth, and it is available as a non RDO as well.
    I'm really liking the full size, but should have bought the centurion.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    The 92X Centurion is pretty smooth, and it is available as a non RDO as well.
    I'm really liking the full size, but should have bought the centurion.
    Funny, I have the 92X Centurion(non-RDO), but almost feel I should have held out for the full size.

Grass is always greener.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Funny, I have the 92X Centurion(non-RDO), but almost feel I should have held out for the full size.

Grass is always greener.
    Hmmmmmm.
    If you were in NH, you could try out the full size

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I'd rather not use the Langdon mount for a few reasons: (1) It is not available for the Aimpoint Acro; (2) the BUIS are very high, obscuring more of the window than I believe is necessary and requiring a very high front sight. I could cut down both sights but I'd rather not; (3) it is nearly the same cost as a 92X RDO. A Langdon slide runs $600 or more and I can get a 92X RDO for less than that. I don't begrudge Langdon their prices--I have two of their 92G Centurions--but I'd rather not spend that much on a slide and be limited to the RMR footprint.
    They make an LTT RDO plate for the 509T. Maybe that would be an OK substitute to the ACRO? I have a Centurion LTT and a Wilson Centurion with that optic. The BUIS sits with the bottom of the rear notch basically level with the deck of the optic. I like slightly lower so it just peeks out, but with a fairly large window on a 509T it does not cover much.

Name:  20220226_155614.jpg
Views: 1761
Size:  48.5 KB

Sighted in the Fastfire @ 20 yards. Not sure if that's too far away for a zero or not, but it shot this group at 10, offhand.

4" paper plate, and the sharpie dot was about the size of a quarter. 5 shots.
    So I'm liking the dot, but @ 3moa, it's small. I'm going to replace it with a dual illumination RMR when I save up the scratch.

Name:  20220305_150552.jpg
Views: 1455
Size:  46.0 KB

So far I've detail stripped the entire frame, and polished ever surface that moves to a mirror finish.
    Langdon 13# hammer spring.
    Wilson's battlesights.
    Metal guide rod to replace the plastic crap.
    Lok grips, Bogeys.
    JM Custom Competition/Range holster. I mounted it on a G-code RTI, Didn't like it. It's on a Safariland leg drop now, but always looking for a better mousetrap.

The DA has really smoothed out, and SA is crisp, and short.
    I need to shoot it more. Definitely.
    Last edited by CSW; 03-09-2022 at 06:04 AM.

User Tag List