Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heinie Sights are always high for me. What about you?

My experience as well. Along with notches not cut center.
    You want a notch that's centered, go with 10-8.
    Name:  20210526_141203_edit_1652571902037.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  27.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    My experience as well. Along with notches not cut center.
    You want a notch that's centered, go with 10-8.
    Name:  20210526_141203_edit_1652571902037.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  27.1 KB
    For years, the fudd lore rumor was that Heinie intentionally cut the notch on Glock rear sights off-center to compensate for Glocks “inherently shooting left.” This was then cited as “proof” it was an inherent issue not shooter error.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    For years, the fudd lore rumor was that Heinie intentionally cut the notch on Glock rear sights off-center to compensate for Glocks “inherently shooting left.” This was then cited as “proof” it was an inherent issue not shooter error.
    Exactly. I have an email from a CS representative stating that. I kindly pointed out the sight was for an HK, and should be cut centered. I was then refused a replacement and refund.
    Taking a break from social media.

Some Beretta 92 models are sold w/ what they call a 'drive the dots' set of sights. You have to cover the bullseye w/ the front sight. Dumbest dang thing I have ever heard of. I had to get taller rear sights for both of our EIIs. All of our pistols are set so POI is right at the top edge of the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger2401 View Post
    OP, I registered to the site just to say I've had the same exact experience with Heinie's MOS specific sights. I tried them for the same reasons you did. They shoot very high and are frankly unusable. I emailed them and their reply was not helpful. They don't accept returns on sights that have been installed and do not offer taller front sights. Very frustrating given their relatively high price. I've since installed Overwatch Precision's MOS "Have Blue" sights. Similar concept to the Heinie MOS sights but with POA=POI.
    Based on this post I picked up 2 sets of these to replace my Heinie’s. Got them in yesterday and installed this AM. These are PERFECT! I like the thinner fronts, but most importantly, they are the correct height. My RMR’s are zeroed on the X/10 ring at 25yds. I installed these Overwatch Precision “Have Blue” sights and set the rears such that the dot is centered on the front post. Having done that, when aligning the irons, the dot (which is zeroed as mentioned) sits dead on the front sight post blade. Of course I’ll put them on paper to confirm, but this pretty much shows they’ll be good to go. Well done Overwatch Precision! Thanks to @gunslinger2401 for the recommendation!

Of course it’s hard to get the phone to take the pic just right, so forgive the fact that the pic shows the dot about half a blade off.

Name:  69503FBD-9A82-46EE-84ED-E0B5AF88B086.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  CB0C21F5-A463-435A-9473-A5E7ACAE9E10.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  66.1 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Glad I could help

Almost a month later and the first occasion I've had to go to the range was today. I ended up with a lane at the indoor range that had very poor lighting, so please excuse the poor shooting, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with where things are hitting. Very much so with the Glocks anyway, which is what I care about the most.

These Overwatch Precision Have Blue sights are giving me exactly the hold I want, which is tops of blades splitting the "X" ring. I installed them and matched them up to the dot on the bench. Put them on paper today and confirmed what I'd hoped. Again, forgive the misses...range lighting.

On the Sig P226, the Heinie Straight Eight's were also high, so I did some math and got a new front from Dawson. Again with the range lighting and also I wrote the wrong score on the target. I was down 7, and my brain made me write "97." Anyway, POA = POI.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List