Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M65-3 3"

M65-3 3"

Picked up this M65-3 3" for $400 last night. Has some pitting around the grip and looks to have been polished. Has the best feeling DA trigger of all my K frames. Cylinder is nice & tight, no end shake, locks up tight, timing seems spot on.

The guy I got it from told me he bought it at Sportsman's Warehouse so I assume it was an LE trade in. It seems to have been carried a lot and shot little. Can't wait to shoot it. I hope I can squeeze in a range visit this weekend. Should make a great shooter / carry pistol. The grips are a tad large for me I think. I may look for something a little smaller.

I might have it bead blasted If I can find someone local that can do a good job for a reasonable price. Might just leave it like it it is. Don't know yet.

Name:  IMG-0986.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  IMG-0985.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  101.3 KB

Great deal! Is it a RB or SB? I don't have my S&W guide close at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Great deal! Is it a RB or SB? I don't have my S&W guide close at hand.
    It's a round butt

Name:  IMG-0988.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  64.4 KB
    Last edited by 4given; 05-13-2022 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added picture

Any suggestions for smaller grips would be welcome. Maybe just a pair of Hogue Bantams?

I really like the VZs I have on my M10 (but I only shoot puff ball 38s in it.).

I have Hogue bantam grips on my 2.5” and 3” 686+ revolvers, and they balance nicely.

I have a couple RB k and L frame revolvers (same grip dimensions). I also have the Hogue Bantams which work great. Have a pair of VZs on another revolver and they work great also. Buy the Hogues first, cheaper if rubber. Don't like them I highly recommend the VZs. Have the Hogues on a beater truck gun.

You got a great deal. Congratulations. I agree with you in that I think getting the gun bead blasted would look great.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I believe these are the grips that come on new S&Ws and they fit fine on my old Model 13 and 64. I don't care for open backstraps and these still allow pretty easy reach to the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    I believe these are the grips that come on new S&Ws and they fit fine on my old Model 13 and 64. I don't care for open backstraps and these still allow pretty easy reach to the trigger.
    Those look nice but I can't find them anywhere is stock. Not even Ebay

User Tag List