Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My cousin’s aerial coyote hunting setup

My cousin’s aerial coyote hunting setup

So. Jealous.

Benelli Super Black Eagle. We have the II and the III. Main difference is III has bigger trigger guard and bolt, so easier to operate with gloves. Has to be left hand eject and has to be inertia driven and extension helps too! Gas driven ones foul after about two shots with wind blowing up barrel and has to be left hand eject, so that the empties go out of plane and not bouncing off the side of my head 4 buck is best when we can get it. But 3 inch double aught works pretty good too
    Name:  C233D436-5DC2-41BF-8EE0-8781EB03B962.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  48.9 KB
    #RESIST

@GJM.
    #RESIST

In the last Gunsite shotgun class I taught, this March, I had a pilot who flies, on gov't contracts, paid depredators. Using a fixed-wing, like the one shown, the shooter is working out of a door/opening on the left rear and using a left hand eject Benelli semi-auto.

He described the process in detail & then completely crushed my spirit by letting me know he could not take me up on a flight for that. Damnit.

Yeah, I think I'd enjoy that.

Dare I ask what part of the country your cousin flies?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    In the last Gunsite shotgun class I taught, this March, I had a pilot who flies, on gov't contracts, paid depredators. Using a fixed-wing, like the one shown, the shooter is working out of a door/opening on the left rear and using a left hand eject Benelli semi-auto.

He described the process in detail & then completely crushed my spirit by letting me know he could not take me up on a flight for that. Damnit.

Dare I ask what part of the country your cousin flies?
    North of Casper Wyoming.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Erick,

At a Safari Club convention years ago I think I remember someone saying there are outfitters in Texas that provide this service.

Duces

Aren't helicopter hog hunts still a thing?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Definitely around here.... aka "Pork Chopper"
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The helo hog hunts are well into 4 digits to the left of the decimal an hour. I recall the fixed-wing time was much, much less.

I'll be in WY fairly soon. Looking forward to seeing what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Yes, but pay attention to the type of bird. I've seen on other forums that these hunts commonly use a relatively inexpensive type of civilian-operated helicopter that's prone to crashing.

I'm inclined to avoid anything that could be described by the term "inexpensive civilian-operated helicopter."

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Yes, but pay attention to the type of bird. I've seen on other forums that these hunts commonly use a relatively inexpensive type of civilian-operated helicopter that's prone to crashing.

I'm inclined to avoid anything that could be described by the term "inexpensive civilian-operated helicopter."

Okie John
    Helicopters do not glide to the ground when the engines stop

User Tag List