Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting on the move

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Two armed guys, one of whom has a rifle, get out of a nearby car and open up on you while you’re facing the other direction and have no cover between you and the attackers? That’s a hell of a bad day. This is a great example of @SouthNarc’s criminal assault paradigm: unequal initiative, disproportionate armament, and multiple attackers. If you don’t happen to turn around when their car doors open and they get to open up on you while you’re still looking at the gas pump, you’re quite likely DRT if they have halfway decent marksmanship.

Very curious what the connection is between the shooters and victim.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Be careful or you'll be branded something not very nice for asking the logical question...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

That wasn't random; that was a planned, targeted hit. The awareness and initiative deficit issues have already been covered.

Had the BG with the AK had a stock, used the sights it might have ended even earlier. I'm not sure that shooter was up to date on Rhett N's methods for stockless long guns.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    C'mon, I am sure he was a good boy who minded his own business and just came from church.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    That wasn't random; that was a planned, targeted hit. The awareness and initiative deficit issues have already been covered.

Had the BG with the AK had a stock, used the sights it might have ended even earlier. I'm not sure that shooter was up to date on Rhett N's methods for stockless long guns.
    Video reminded me of a question I've been mulling for a couple years now. AR/AK rifle/carbines, as has been long argued, play a minor role in the nation's homicides as tracked by the FBI or whomever tallies that data up.

The huge popularity of the AR/AK pistol however makes me wonder how that is holding up. I've seen quite a number of those sorts of "pistols" displayed in the news locally.

I'm also curious if anyone is tracking if such rifle caliber semi-auto pistols are playing a part in the lethality of attacks on LEOs.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Video reminded me of a question I've been mulling for a couple years now. AR/AK rifle/carbines, as has been long argued, play a minor role in the nation's homicides as tracked by the FBI or whomever tallies that data up.

The huge popularity of the AR/AK pistol however makes me wonder how that is holding up. I've seen quite a number of those sorts of "pistols" displayed in the news locally.

I'm also curious if anyone is tracking if such rifle caliber semi-auto pistols are playing a part in the lethality of attacks on LEOs.
    We get lots shootings in the local news with those around here, including one guy who used one in .350 legend. A conservative estimate based on news reports for the Birmingham area would be over a quarter of shootings where firearms are id’d or mentioned involve rifle caliber pistols. Badguys aren’t stupid and they understand the advantages.

ETA: it’s enough that due to working in a lot of crime bleed-over areas (places where the badguys don’t live, but travel to and will do violence against their enemies if they find them there) I just assume it’s just part of the daily threat. We had one employee who was like 30 yards away from a shooting adjacent to one of our properties where a prostitute shot another chick over some jewelry. That was just with a standard handgun though.

I would be curious to know how many come from car burglaries vs being legally or straw purchased.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-13-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

No idea if or how they're being tracked.

Anecdotally, hearing from peers working on investigations or very directed crime suppression in the SF Bay Area and LA area that a number of these follow-home/home invasion robberies involve handguns and AR or AK pistols. But that's anecdotal. If pro-active policing is down, if Whren stops are being strongly discouraged or banned, then the crooks et al. know they can roll with these & not be too concerned about getting stopped or searched.

User Tag List