Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: David Paulides Missing 411

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Not the weirdest PF thread but it's top 25.
    Yeah, it’s way weirder than the other Missing 411 thread

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....issing-Project

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    You need to get over yourself. I work with some of the best Bloodhounds in my state. Watching them work is a lot of fun, but they are living, breathing animals and don’t work 100% of the time. There are so many variables involved with tracking dogs. I’ve trailed them for miles on a several day old scent, and I’ve also been the “target” and watched them walk right past me. Nothing is foolproof.
    I have to echo this, plus what ST911 said earlier. I have never been on a SAR where a tracking/trailing dog actually led straight to the victim. Not once, and I've seen lots of these dogs on lots of SARs. But I've been on a lot of missions where these dogs provided valuable, accurate clues to direction of travel which were then followed up on, leading to a find. Some of these were awesome work on old scent in bad conditions. I've also seen way too many T/T dogs provide totally false leads and then have the handlers call the victim a liar when they're found someplace else and explain that no, they never went where the dog said they did. And I've seen LE investigative work validate the narrative provided by a T/T team even though the narrative sounded flaky at first glance, so I know they can do solid work under the right conditions and more importantly, with an honest, humble handler who is willing to say "We have nothing" or "I don't know".

There are so many variables at play in T/T work that failing to find and follow scent is a data point, but by no means definitive.

To piggyback off of the dog teams discussion, I've not yet participated in a search yet, but in talking to the dog team folks, they've stressed the fallibility of their dogs, and have stated that there have been times that they've been yards away from a corpse (body recovery missions), and yet missed the body, just due to the varying conditions on the ground. They're definitely a powerful tool, by all accounts, but are far from perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Yeah, it’s way weirder than the other Missing 411 thread

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....issing-Project

Forgot about that one even though I posted in it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    I for one welcome our Sasquatch and/or alien overlords!
    Word. How much worse of a ruler could I possibly be? Y'all can address me as Welder the Inflammable, or something. Now go get me a cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Word. How much worse of a ruler could I possibly be? Y'all can address me as Welder the Inflammable, or something. Now go get me a cheeseburger.
    Fries?

Super Size, Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If we’re going to seriously discuss zany conspiracy theories, I’m actually happy for the change of pace away from chem trails and politics. I get much more entertainment from stories about Bigfoot, aliens, and other horror movie monsters in the woods.
    Vive la Chupacabra!!!
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Vive la Chupacabra!!!
    This post sucks.

”The name is derived from the Spanish words chupar (“to suck”) and cabra (“goat”) and can be translated as “goat-sucker.” As a fearsome but probably nonexistent creature, the chupacabra has been characterized as the southern equivalent of the Sasquatch.”
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I don't know about chupacabra or some of those other things - they may or may not be real. But Bigfoot? How is this even a question? I mean, he was a candidate for Vice President for crying out loud. You can read the all about it here in the world's only reliable news source.

User Tag List