Thread: Need a mounting plate for Glock 19 and Holosun 509T

Need a mounting plate for Glock 19 and Holosun 509T

I have a Glock 19 and have ordered a 509T. As far as I can tell, a plate for mounting is currently unobtainable. Does anyone have an idea or where I could get a good one? I have used CHPWS before but they are out of stock. They are my first choice but I am open to other options.

Thanks.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Here is the factory Holosun MOS mounting plate:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/holosun...r-for-mos.html

Here is a slightly better price (although I’m not sure how shipping prices compare):
    https://heartoftexasarmory.com/holos...for-glock-mos/

Thank you for the response. Any idea how the quality of the Holosun plate compares to CHPWS or other options?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I prefer the OEM plate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Thank you for the response. Any idea how the quality of the Holosun plate compares to CHPWS or other options?
    I like the OEM plate better. It is steel, where the C&H plate is aluminum. The OEM plate also allows the optic to sit slightly lower on the MOS cut. The only downside to the OEM plate is that the front of it doesn’t line up perfectly with the contour of the slide, so it’s not as aesthetically pleasing.

This is super helpful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I prefer the OEM plate.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    I like the OEM plate better. It is steel, where the C&H plate is aluminum. The OEM plate also allows the optic to sit slightly lower on the MOS cut. The only downside to the OEM plate is that the front of it doesn’t line up perfectly with the contour of the slide, so it’s not as aesthetically pleasing.
    This is spot on, the OEM plate is VERY well designed. I just replaced a Swampfox Justice on my G17.5 MOS with a new HS509T-X2 and the OEM plate. I have Ameriglo 3XL sights on the gun, and the 509T sits so much lower on the slide that I need to order XL sights to get the right height for cowitness that doesn't obstruct the middle of the window. It is well machined and made out of steel. I wish Holosun would put out an OEM MOS plate for their RMR footprint optics as they seem to do it well.

User Tag List