Thread: APEX Action Enhancement and SCD

APEX Action Enhancement and SCD

On a Gen 5 has anyone tried the APEX Action Enhancement kit in conjunction with a SCD (Gadget)
    From Apex website

If you are leaving the stock trigger behind, then this is the kit you need in your Gen 5 Glock. The Action Enhancement Kit features the Apex Action Enhancement Trigger with trigger bar and an Apex Performance Connector. Together, these drop-in parts will:

– Reduces trigger pull weight by approximately 1 lb.

– Reduces trigger pre-travel, overall travel and reset distance

– Smooth uptake and reset

– Crisp trigger break

– Center mounted pivoting safety maintains factory safety values

– Direct drop-in replacement parts, not fitting required
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

No. However I have used the SCD with a Robar OEM fire control group that was cleaned, polished, and NP3 coated with out issues - if that helps.

Yes, I use Gen 5 Apex kits and Gen 5 Tau SCDs in my G45's, they work fine together. I like the feel of the Apex trigger shoe better than the Overwatch Precision triggers I've also tried. I prefer the Apex connector over the OEM minus connector, and it's pretty much a tie with the TTI connector that had been my go-to on Gen 4's. FWIW, I also use a 5lb Wolff striker spring and NP3'ed OEM firing pin safety from Overwatch.

Yes, I have a G34.5 and G17.5, both of which have Apex kits and Langdon SCDs installed. Both function fine after about 2k rounds over the past couple months.

Site Supporter
    Agreed.

I’m waiting on an LTT SCD to arrive and install on my g5 34, but I installed it briefly and no issues.

I’m dry firing a lot these days, I’ll keep you in the loop if something changes.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Agreed.

I’m waiting on an LTT SCD to arrive and install on my g5 34, but I installed it briefly and no issues.

I’m dry firing a lot these days, I’ll keep you in the loop if something changes.
    I installed my LTT SCD. No issues with the APEX kit, trigger, and trigger bar.

Above I should’ve clarified I installed a Tau Dev SCD with no issues. This one also has no issues thus far.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Can anybody speak to the reliability of the Apex triggers? I've been told by a reputable gunsmith friend that he doesn't have faith in any of the aftermarket triggers out there from what he's seen. Then a while after that I got to try an Apex kit'd S&W snub in a gun store that would fail to function sure enough. I want to do the same upgrade the OP mentions but have my doubts swapping out any OEM parts, especially when you start changing parts across the board from different manufacturers things really get dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Can anybody speak to the reliability of the Apex triggers? I've been told by a reputable gunsmith friend that he doesn't have faith in any of the aftermarket triggers out there from what he's seen. Then a while after that I got to try an Apex kit'd S&W snub in a gun store that would fail to function sure enough. I want to do the same upgrade the OP mentions but have my doubts swapping out any OEM parts, especially when you start changing parts across the board from different manufacturers things really get dicey.
    Same response as to the OP's question... Yes, I have a G34.5 and G17.5, both of which have Apex kits and Langdon SCDs installed. Both function fine after about 2k rounds over the past couple months.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    @Thy.Will.Be.Done

I’ve had numerous Apex products for off the shelf trigger mods in Glocks and M&Ps. They do really solid engineering and testing over and above what most in the industry do, which is why I’ve not experienced and is pretty unheard of to have reality issues with their parts. Landon Tactical using their parts for trigger jobs off their Glock offerings ought to be taken as a vote of confidence as well. You’ll notice that when they have encountered an issue with a part they put out for slimlines, they issued a full recall without any pussyfooting. They are on top of a pretty short list of companies I wouldn’t hesitate to buy parts from.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Both my Gen5 17's have Apex triggers and disconnectors in them along with SCD's. The SCD functions as expected with those parts. Apex strives to maintain factory safety function with their parts.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List