Thread: darwin's winner with a screw driver

darwin's winner with a screw driver

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post

I hope no vehicles were injured during the shooting.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1180595
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-...9brkF9mkp3DZN8
    The LVMPD is currently investigating an officer involved shooting near Dean Martin Dr. and Ponderosa Way. This is an ongoing investigation. Motorists are advised to avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/KyouXNcWlV
    — LVMPD (@LVMPD) February 3, 2021
    This is the first officer-involved shooting of 2021 in Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department jurisdiction.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....shooting-range
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Bad men have been known to show up at shooting ranges.

You have to understand, folks...predators think like predators. They are opportunists. They see opportunity where people who posses a respect for human life and a recognizable moral code do not. When a predator looks at a shooting range he sees valuable items that are not terribly well protected and usually complacent, utterly unsuspecting people who will be easy to victimize. Guns don't scare criminals...people who are willing and able to use them do. Thus the mere presence of firearms should not be considered a deterrent for the criminal class.

When I go to a public range I keep a loaded firearm on me at all times. When I'm at one of the outdoor ranges I typically keep my AR strapped on me at all times with a loaded chamber and the safety on. I began this practice after seeing a car load full of meth-heads (something of a plague in my area) show up at one of the outdoor ranges scoping the place when I went to check zero before a class. Some believe it to be a paranoid practice. Those people aren't dealing in reality.

Human nature isn't always pretty, but it is at least predictable. There is nothing about a shooting range that forces a filtration of the unpleasant aspects of human nature. As such, it would be wise to remember the instructions of a referee before a fight: Protect yourself at all times.

mods seems my new news is actually olde news...

might as well as shut it down to save everyone's time reading and commenting on it...

sorry mates...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    mods seems my new news is actually olde news...

might as well as shut it down to save everyone's time reading and commenting on it...

sorry mates...
    If you are interested in these sort of things there are two primary threads for them here:

In addition to the referenced “Shooting Incidents in the News” in General discussion and the LE UOF video thread in the Law Enforcement section.

Re: the topic at hand, predators targeting formal or informal ranges to obtain weapons is nothing new. latt and Matix, the infamous 1986 Miami FBI gunfight perps obtained several of their firearms by murdering people at remote ranges and stealing their guns.

On October 5, 1985, Platt and Matix murdered 25-year-old Emelio Briel while he was target shooting at a rock pit. The pair stole Briel's car and used it to commit several robberies. Briel's remains were found on March 1, 1986 but were not positively identified until May 1986.

On March 12, 1986, Platt and Matix robbed and shot Jose Collazo while Collazo was target shooting at a rock pit. The pair left Collazo for dead and stole his car, a black 1979 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Collazo survived the shooting and walked three miles to get help.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-08-2022 at 01:53 PM.

User Tag List