Thread: Overhead View of Rich Strike's Race

That is an impressive performance and I really want to believe that it will hold up after the drug tests come back but that disparity in performance at that level of competition just triggers my cynicism.

The owner is my old boss. Worked for him for about 17 years until COVID hit. I can assure that if there were shenanigans going on that he wasn't aware of them. He's a straight shooter and would never stand for it. He doesn't need the money and would never accept that sort of nonsense and all that it brings. His statement afterwards about his trainer was 100% the man I know. "The truth isn't always good news, but I can deal with truth".

I used to bet the horses at Turf Paradise and Longacres when it existed. Lots of fun to handicap a race and be in the money. You more or less have to know the history of the horse and the jockey to do that. I hung around with a trainer and a track vet in my 20's. Strange crowd.

This one came out of nowhere. You can't make any money betting an 80/1 horse usually. There's alway the exception. That was just unbelievable.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Maybe my cynicism is calibrated to the politics of the day and not horse racing.

Saw this elsewhere.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  33.4 KB
    https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...06056955916288

Site Supporter
    Thnk Seabiscuit.

That finish was glorious.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Well, Rich Strike is a zombie horse, as evidenced by his trying to eat that other horse, right after the finish.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Maybe my cynicism is calibrated to the politics of the day and not horse racing.

Saw this elsewhere.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  33.4 KB
    https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...06056955916288
    I remember watching Secretariat win the Triple Crown. The Kentucky Derby and Preakness wins were impressive. Watching him pull away from the field in the Belmont was stunning.

Thanks for the overhead view of the Derby. I was out and missed it live, but checked the internet when I got home to see who won. I watched the track level video several times to see where he came from to win. I was so impressed I round up my wife and daughter and had them watch it a few more times. That was really something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, Rich Strike is a zombie horse, as evidenced by his trying to eat that other horse, right after the finish.
    He was just excited. He punched through the pack and gave it 110%. Watch his gait toward the finish. Very unusual because most horses won't drive like that even when asked. Thoroughbreds are pretty high strung animals. I worked for a guy who owned one and I never wanted to be around that horse. Too high strung. He had a habit of rearing and striking with his hoofs. Maybe just showing off but dangerous nonetheless.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-08-2022 at 08:14 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List