Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police shoot NC man throwing Molotov cocktails near officers setting cars on fire

Site Supporter

Police shoot NC man throwing Molotov cocktails near officers setting cars on fire

It’s interesting that none of the press releases or news stories specify what vehicles the suspect was setting on fire the one new source includes photos of a burnt out marked police vehicle being towed away. I’d be curious about the suspect and their motivation. Police Department parking lot have been targets for extremists on both the left and the right.

https://www.police1.com/officer-safe...AQrOKM4-vCpL6o

N.C. officers kill man setting cars ablaze near police station The incident began after an officer observed a man lighting vehicles on fire in a parking lot near a district station

RALEIGH, N.C. — Officers shot and killed a man Saturday afternoon who was throwing Molotov cocktails and setting cars on fire near a police station in Raleigh, North Carolina, authorities said.

The confrontation began after an officer observed a man lighting vehicles on fire in a parking lot near a district station at around 1:20 p.m., Police Chief Estella Patterson said at a news conference.

The officer called for assistance, and three other officers came to help, she said, and the officers ordered the man to stop. Patterson said the man continued to throw Molotov cocktails, ultimately tossing one near an officer close to him.

“Multiple officers then discharged their weapons, and the individual was struck multiple times," Patterson said.

Police then moved the man away from two vehicles that had become engulfed in flames and attempted life-saving efforts, Patterson said. He was rushed by paramedics to a hospital but died. He wasn't immediately identified.
    Although the chief didn't elaborate on the vehicles burned, news photographs showed a police vehicle with what appeared to be a blackened and heavily damaged engine bay being towed away.
    Name:  2E957CCC-F238-41C4-A33A-237FADD65CE3.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  62.7 KB

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-fa...otov-cocktails

Police fatally shoot North Carolina man throwing Molotov cocktails near officers, setting cars on fire
    The police chief said the incident is under investigation and a report would be released in the coming days

Site Supporter
    I can't help but wonder if, at the last instant of his life, the perp actually realized what a stupid thing he had done.......

I was actually surprised rioters throwing M cocktails near/at officers during the 2020/2021 riots didn’t get smoked.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    didn’t get smoked.
    I see what you did there...

Site Supporter
    I suspect but cannot prove that both political extremism and drug use had a part to play here.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I see what you did there...
    What?!? Me!?! No idea of which you speak.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

I’m also shocked the dude in NJ with the flamethrower didn’t get burned down by the SWAT dude w the rifle.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

What?!? Me!?! No idea of which you speak.
    get burned down by the SWAT dude w the rifle.
    It is just like breathing for you...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    It is just like breathing for you...
    Someone's friends should do an intervention...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s interesting that none of the press releases or news stories specify what vehicles the suspect was setting on fire the one new source includes photos of a burnt out marked police vehicle being towed away. I’d be curious about the suspect and their motivation. Police Department parking lot have been targets for extremists on both the left and the right.

https://www.police1.com/officer-safe...AQrOKM4-vCpL6o

N.C. officers kill man setting cars ablaze near police station The incident began after an officer observed a man lighting vehicles on fire in a parking lot near a district station

Name:  2E957CCC-F238-41C4-A33A-237FADD65CE3.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  62.7 KB

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-fa...otov-cocktails

Police fatally shoot North Carolina man throwing Molotov cocktails near officers, setting cars on fire
    The police chief said the incident is under investigation and a report would be released in the coming days

Two RPD vehicles set ablaze.

They didn’t shoot him til he decided to target the officers…

“Raleigh Police Chief Estella D. Patterson said the suspect was told to stop multiple times but continued.

“The individual continued to throw multiple Molotov cocktails in the parking lot and eventually towards our officers who were there and eventually did throw one to officers who were in close proximity to him,” said Patterson.

That’s when officers fired their weapons. The suspect was shot several times.”

https://www.wral.com/man-shot-killed...tion/20270536/

User Tag List