Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RFI: Columbus, Ohio (thought experiment)

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I need to get back there again on a motorcycle someday. That was one of the few areas in the Eastern US I could imagine myself living someday.
    We ( @bruceride ) try and make this event every year:
    http://flybyweek.com/

Also, if people like water the "North Shore" is often underestimated. I know after the water catches on fire it is hard to move past assumptions but that was a long time ago, and now the great lakes are very nice and not far from Columbus. Though some of the public inland lakes in OH are over crowded (IMO), but you are also next door to Michigan, and there is a lotta nice country up there:
    Name:  Hoeft SP.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  17.4 KB

Site Supporter
    I'm kind of surprised at the number of us with connections to central OH.

Not much to add, I agree with the folks upthread about Delaware.

Alliance Police training isn't far either, calendar looks a little thin right now but in the past they've had a ton of outside instructors also.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    thanks for the reply.

On the warm side of that equation (temp and humidity), doesn't hold a candle to current location. Seems downright brisk!

On the cold side, about 30 degrees colder than where we currently live!
    I live about an hour away from you, but grew up in OH. Unless you've lived for a few years in the north/Midwest, you have no idea how pointless that weather info is.

Furnish your house with SAD therapy lamps and learn to drive on snow/ice. May God have mercy on your soul.
    Last edited by Hambo; 05-08-2022 at 02:02 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Pickaway county is just south of Columbus. PCSI hosts a lot of shooting sports.

https://www.pcsirange.org

Rayner’s Range and Briar Rabbit are SW of CBus near Zanesville and host a variety of shooting sports. In SW OH near Cinci there are a bunch of clubs who host shooting sports - Miamisburg, Oxford, Miami Rifle and Pistol, Clinton County Farmers/Sportsman’s to name a few. From April-Oct you can pretty much shoot something different each weekend if you want. All within 1-2 hours from CBus.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

For those of you who asked to be added to the training notification group, you should have an email.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Furnish your house with SAD therapy lamps...
    I recommend a reef tank.

Been in Delaware OH about two weeks now. We love the area so far, very nice town with friendly neighbors.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Let’s not forget the roller coaster capitol of the solar system is a couple hours North at Cedar Point.

Quote Originally Posted by 42Willys View Post
    Let’s not forget the roller coaster capitol of the solar system is a couple hours North at Cedar Point.
    When I was a youngster my grandparents owned a lake house a mile down the peninsula from the amusement park. We would go for the weekend and I would often bring a friend or there would be some of my cousins and we would get dropped off early and stay all day while our parents hung out on the beach. When they opened Kings Island nearby when I was a teenager friends would want me to go but by then I had been there, done that several times a summer since I was old enough to ride a roller coaster.

When I was about forty and too young to swing it my grandmother got too old to live there and sold the house (insert sad trombone sound here).

User Tag List