Thread: Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards

Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards

Think you’re awesome?

Give Donovan Moore’s Elite Standards a try.

It is my current practice rage right now.

ELITE PERFORMANCE PISTOL STANDARDS
    Stage 1: 15yds / 5rds within 2.6 seconds. Hits must be in ‘A’ zone.
    Time Breakdown: (1.50 Draw / .30 / .30 / .25 / .25)
    Stage 2: 10yds / 2rds within 1.9 seconds. Hits must be in 4″ x 4″ head zone.
    Time Breakdown: (1.50 Draw / .40)
    Stage 3: 7yds / 2rds Reload 4rds in 4.99 seconds. All hits must be in 4″ x 4″ head zone.
    Time Breakdown: (1.50 Draw / .40 / 2.0 Reload / .40 / .35 / .34)
    Stage 4: 3yds / 6rds in 1.99 seconds. All hits must be in ‘A’ zone.
    Time Breakdown: (1.00 Draw / .20 / .20 / .20 / .20 / .19)

PASSING & RULES
    Every stage will be ran back 2 back for a total of 8 runs. 38 total rounds.
    6 out of the 8 runs must be clean & you must have at least one passing run on each stage.
    Mulligans are allowed: 1 per stage.
    Starting positions are as follows: Hands relaxed, Hands at side, Hands High Thoracic. You are NOT allowed to prep your garment.
    Stage 4, you will be REQUIRED to start with hands at high thoracic. On the beep you MUST initiate movement backwards and not pause until course of fire is complete. No rolling, or leaning, you must walk backwards.

Here are a couple of my runs at his Super FASTportion (everything on a 4 inch square in the head box).

FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Can you clarify the “mulligan?” Is it for botched draws before the shot or is it for botched runs for a redo?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Can you clarify the “mulligan?” Is it for botched draws before the shot or is it for botched runs for a redo?
    If you mess up your draw but have not fired a shot yet, you get one restart per block of the test.
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

I started using these a month or so ago. The one I am the farthest from being able to do is Stage 1. I already knew I needed work in this area so I will continue to test myself with it. The only stage I have passed so far is 4.

Video of Donovan performing and explaining.

Last edited by MVS; 05-06-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I started using these a month or so ago. The one I am the farthest from being able to do is Stage 1. I already knew I needed work in this area so I will continue to test myself with it. The only stage I have passed so far is 4.

Video of Donovan performing and explaining.

Good shooting!

Also, off topic but I couldn’t help but notice how badly he was printing. Seems to be a common theme with people who carry sidecar style holsters. I don’t get why people use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Good shooting!

Also, off topic but I couldn’t help but notice how badly he was printing. Seems to be a common theme with people who carry sidecar style holsters. I don’t get why people use them.
    Agreed. Not a fan myself.

User Tag List