Thread: Importing a Shotgun...Anyone Recent?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

Importing a Shotgun...Anyone Recent?

Years, and I mean YEARS ago, I brought over a couple of antique shotguns from England. The process was fairly simple with no Form 6 required. I had a working relationship with a kindly woman who worked at Customs in JFK, and a bloke on the other end (now sadly passed on) that took care of that end. It all was pretty straight forward and took about 2 weeks total.

Fast forward to 2022.

There are a HUGE number of really pretty old double guns up for auction the past year or two. Holts in particular seems to have gobs of them. Damascus proofed barrels, well known and lesser known Makers...all wonderful looking. The next Holts auction is in September. Has anyone done this lately? I’ve poked around a bit, and it seems that things aren’t quite as easy (or cheap) as they were to get them into the States.

Anyone???
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Ian from Forgotten weaopons and Karl from inrangetv have used Polaris Logistics to get firearms into and out of Finland for a competition they help put on there. It might be worth giving them a call or email.

I've used these folks but that was many years ago. Cost was reasonable (back then) and they handled everything. Looks like it's a fairly expensive endeavor these days.

https://bsaltd.com/gunserv.htm
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-06-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

There’s a woman listed as a contact on the Holt’s auction site as well. I might drop her a line and see what she has to say. I figured I’d poke around first to see if there was any local knowledge.

It was easy-peesey back in the day. I’m not sure how I ended up with the Customs contact, but she was a sweet old lady. I’d call her up, she’d talk for a bit about her grandkids, I’d let her know a package was on the way. IIRC, she was in charge of the “cage” where such items ended up. I’d give her the Royal Mail Tracking Number...and as they say...”Bobs your uncle.” Splendid! There WAS paperwork, but it was minimal. These were all antiques by definition.

I have a few months to figure it out.

Site Supporter
    Seems like Simpson imports a lot of guns, and they offer a service:

https://simpsonltd.com/firearm-imports/

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Seems like Simpson imports a lot of guns, and they offer a service:

https://simpsonltd.com/firearm-imports/
    Geez. Thanks! I never thought of them. I’ve purchased from them previously as well. Great idea!

User Tag List