Thread: Na’Quan’s first turkey

Na’Quan’s first turkey

#RESIST

Me too.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I was a fairly avid turkey hunter in my teens and into my mid 20s in New York. Loved it.

This year was my first season hunting again since I left NY in 2015. Florida's hunting laws are drastically different, the public land is managed diffefently, and the turkey were more reluctant. I had a blast, even without bagging a bird. I spent a 12 hour day and a 13.5 hour day in the woods hunting. Plus a ton more. 4am wake ups were actually welcomed, and I was restless with excitement.

I was surprised at how much hunting quickly rekindled old feelings, and old friendships. I was excited and challenged. Posting a few photos on social media had a buddy I hunted with as a kid texting me about his season that was coming up. An Uncle wanted to know how the FL birds acted. It just felt great to talk about something with others who are passionate about it.

Hunting really brings community together, and turkey hunting with it's slams, and multiple seasons are some of the best hunting oppourtunities there is. I cant wait to bag my first Osceola turkey next spring... or maybe this fall.

It's nice to read a good, happy story. Thanks for posting LL.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

I absolutely won’t be surprised if Na’Quan ends up as an LEO or military.
    #RESIST

#RESIST

I have always been told turkey hunting is very difficult. Congrats to the young man and his mentors!

Some friends of mine are involved with Hunt Like a Girl, and they recently had a great outing where they introduced new female shooters to turkey hunting.

I'll see if I can dig up some photos. Beretta and Shoot Like A Girl were the main sponsors. DB's wife Melanie was one of the main coaches, and they called in some amazing birds.

For those of you that know Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics, his wife Lisa was also one of the guides.

Great story, and props to all who made it happen.

Na'Quan's next bird might not come as easily but he's one of us now.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Definitely a feel-good story. Glad to see it.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List