Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of the Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Since Hill People Gear and Tommy’s Gun Pack have already been mentioned, the original post made me think Coronado Leather is worth mentioning. Their fanny packs are not meant to carry much gear, but are nice, well-designed gun packs that present a different appearance than a nylon pack.

I prefer nylon for exercising so I can throw it in the washing machine, but other options can be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Coronoda is a nice little gun pack.
    I carry a G26 in mine sometimes.

Quality leather and craftsmanship.
    It also snaps around your belt to provide a good hold.

Name:  IMG_0527.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0528.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  44.2 KB

After my hand surgery I got the idea that a Fanny pack would be a great little tool to have for quick grips to the store and walks. It also would allow me to draw with either hand based on orientation (I'm lefty for awhile). Is the hill people snubby still a good choice?

Site Supporter
    The HPG Snubby is still a good choice. It is very configurable for not just right/left handedness but also load carried. I just scored one here since they were out of stock on the HPG site.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    The HPG Snubby is still a good choice. It is very configurable for not just right/left handedness but also load carried. I just scored one here since they were out of stock on the HPG site.
    dangit... that was you???

I had my (90's vintage) G26 sized Eagle pack out yesterday for the first time in a long time. I was too lazy to get out of sweats to drive to the pizza joint to pick up some eats.

Name:  eagle fanny 1.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  eagle fanny 2.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  44.3 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Fanny packs, especially carried cross body, have become so common for folks around here to carry guns/money in it’s made me rethink their utility as a carry item. A quick google search even shows HPg kit bag ripoffs for sale.

@HCM since you seem to track trends like this have you noticed this in your area?

Here’s a recent ASP video that shows a dude going directly for his target’s bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Fanny packs, especially carried cross body, have become so common for folks around here to carry guns/money in it’s made me rethink their utility as a carry item. A quick google search even shows HPg kit bag ripoffs for sale.

@HCM since you seem to track trends like this have you noticed this in your area?

Here’s a recent ASP video that shows a dude going directly for his target’s bag.
    completely get that. It is for sure a trade off for certain things.

Site Supporter

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    dangit... that was you???
    Ya Mon! It makes a good "to/form" work bag. It's really the only situation in which I do the off body carry mode.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Ya Mon!
    nice catch! I am looking at the spiritus systems fanny pack right now. Great and low profile, they make great gear also.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Sling bags and cross body Fanny packs in general are a thing among the basketball shorts /track pants set. Not always because they have a gun in there.

But unless you’re a thug, a old dude, or you are wearing literal gym clothes it’s gonna look funny

User Tag List