Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of the Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    A lot of the non-tactical brands use Fidlock buckles and they seem to be working out well. With how inexpensive they are I may throw some on my HPG Fanny.
    I'd be curious if you happen to have a decent video or picture series of them in action. I found lots of stills online, but can't quite visualize it.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    I have a large Blackhawk fanny pack that I use when I do my walks around the neighborhood for exercise. I can easily accommodate an HK P2000 (with spare mag) in the back compartment, in an Alabama Holster kydex pocket holster oriented with the muzzle down/slide vertical. The front compartment carries my phone/keys/wallet. Left side pocket compartment has OC spray. I've had this pack probably a decade or more, using it 1-3 hours per week, and have never had a problem with it.

I don't like to wear this thing in any situation where people might be able to approach me from the rear, because they could unbuckle it and relieve me of everything I'm carrying. That's not a problem wearing it in my residential-only neighborhood where the only foot traffic is other geezers also walking for exercise.
    I still have my 1990s era rad grape Uncle Mike’s fannypack somewhere, and I believe it and most other weapon ones have the buckle right next to the pack instead of in back. Is the Maxpedition different?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    I'd be curious if you happen to have a decent video or picture series of them in action. I found lots of stills online, but can't quite visualize it.
    The FidLock YT account has some info.

I suppose you could look as some product videos from Alpaka or Mystery Ranch, or anyone doing a demo of PHLster Enigma.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    The FidLock YT account has some info.

I suppose you could look as some product videos from Alpaka or Mystery Ranch, or anyone doing a demo of PHLster Enigma.
    Thanks. I should have tried harder on that. Clearly, had too much blood in my coffee stream before.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Untold miles so far
    Name:  IMG_20230806_114459.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  99.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230810_091713.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  86.8 KB

I really just wear it running and to the beach though. I'm not really a EDC fanny pack guy.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Proud new owner of an HPG snubby belt pack and very pleased to find out it just barely fits my hk45c (with flat base mags). Will be in grizzly country next week and had a few Qs for the brain trust: what’s the SOP for carrying with these?

Is a trigger guard holster enough to use within pack, what about one of those Velcro loop holsters, or is it best practice to use a regular holster?

I’d be carrying with a round in the chamber and I have a medium LEM trigger.

Thanks in advance!
    A

Quote Originally Posted by ale View Post
    what’s the SOP for carrying with these?

Is a trigger guard holster enough to use within pack, what about one of those Velcro loop holsters, or is it best practice to use a regular holster?
    I believe the Hill brothers still say that the narrow space of the gun pocket is safe enough, as long as it’s a factory trigger in a reasonable gun (no competition-tuned Ferrari pistols) and there’s nothing else in the pocket. I felt fine toting around a G19 in both the snubby and a FS kit bag.

There’s always the Fricke Zaccheus for a little insurance. I’ve never had any results I like with attempting to modify a holster to work in a kit bag.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I used an HPG chest rig to carry an off-safe Shield while hoofing the bike trail. I didn't have any concerns nor uncommanded discharges. That said if you can find something to cover the trigger guard and allows presentation, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I’ve tried the Velcro holster and hate it. The gun needs to be somewhat free floating to allow it to settle into the pouch well.

While HPG doesn’t recommend the need for a trigger cover, I still use one. I’m not worried about the gun going off in the kit, it’s while it’s being accessed, manipulated, drawn, etc. I use a Raven vanguard.

User Tag List