Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of the Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    The Tommy's gun pack arrived last night. Nice little pack. Little being the key word. Turns out is is a small, not a medium like the seller indicated. My G19 and 3" revolvers will not fit.
    I suppose I can carry my P365 in it. Hill People Gear is out of stock of the colors I want right now. Looks like my fanny pack drawer may end up looking like my holster drawer. Rats! I was hoping to avoid that.
    The seller agreed allow me to return the pack for a refund so that is good. Not sure what to try next. I don't know how long the wait will be for a Hill People Gear pack. I an on the notify when in stock list.

Anybody try a LA Police Gear Frunk Waist Pack?

Site Supporter
    The seller agreed allow me to return the pack for a refund so that is good. Not sure what to try next. I don't know how long the wait will be for a Hill People Gear pack. I an on the notify when in stock list.

Anybody try a LA Police Gear Frunk Waist Pack?
    I have a spare medium Tommy's. Picked it up from ebay when they were going out of business.
    My original is still in good shape and I haven't used it in a while.

Definitely a medium for my G19.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll figure what I paid for it. Don't recall paying a premium.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I have a spare medium Tommy's. Picked it up from ebay when they were going out of business.
    My original is still in good shape and I haven't used it in a while.

Definitely a medium for my G19.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll figure what I paid for it. Don't recall paying a premium.
    That would be great! Let me know. One question: Can you carry the G19 with a round in the chamber in that pack?

Site Supporter
    That would be great! Let me know. One question: Can you carry the G19 with a round in the chamber in that pack?
    The layer that divides the gun from the front compartment is thick enough that I never worried about it. You could always sew in a tie down loop and use one of those trigger guards on a string devices. I'll PM you later once I have a chance to sort through the holster drawer.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Old Tommy's pack (size MEDIUM.... ~8"w x 6.5"h gun compartment) with G19/TLR7/407K.

Just a bit of tight fit where the bottom of the butt touches the zipper. Opens fine with a firm tug.

Last edited by RoyGBiv; 05-21-2022 at 08:59 AM. Reason: add details

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Their new medium sized model is better than the snubby IMO, just a hair more room and sits on my chest better crossbody. Not sure how the medium works for a Fanny Pack as I've never tried it.

Edit: you did list the medium haha https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../ProductID/184

IMO if you're going to stick with a G26 or J frame than the snubby kit bag is great but for a G48 or even G19 MOS the medium is the size to go with.
    In my experience a G19 or G48 does fit in the snubby but depending on the sights you have it could get snagged by the zipper.
    How’s your draw from cross body? I can’t find any good reviews of the belt pack in that configuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    How’s your draw from cross body? I can’t find any good reviews of the belt pack in that configuration.
    I never tried it on the timer and it’s not the fastest but I’d rather have a handgun with a slower draw than not.
    IMO it’s a great configuration when you’re not not around many strangers close quarters. I think it draws less suspicion than say a maxpedition sling.

Site Supporter
    Since Hill People Gear and Tommy’s Gun Pack have already been mentioned, the original post made me think Coronado Leather is worth mentioning. Their fanny packs are not meant to carry much gear, but are nice, well-designed gun packs that present a different appearance than a nylon pack.

I prefer nylon for exercising so I can throw it in the washing machine, but other options can be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

What about a Hawks Pak? Looks more like camera bag than something that would have a gun inside.

https://hawkepaks.com/products/micro-gunpak-1

Site Supporter
    Hawke Paks makes quality gear. I've used several of their bags. If TGS can't locate his extra Eagle bag, I may go back to the Micro 1. I tried the larger Micro 2, but it was too large for my purposes. In the interest of full disclosure, however, I hooked the Micro 1 on something at the end of a Police Week 5K.I have no idea what, but it popped the strap completely off the bag. Fortunately, I had ridden into DC with another officer and could go home in her cruiser rather than riding the subway home with a gun in a bag on my lap on the subway.

User Tag List