Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of the Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here's a quick review of the Eberlestock Bando Bag fanny pack.

Size is good for up to a G19 size gun, and fits my G26 with EPSc perfectly. Build quality is acceptable for a $49 pack, but not at the level of HPG. To me, the pack doesn't look especially tactical.

I added a sewn-in loop in the rear gun compartment, for attaching a Raven Vanguard trigger cover.

I threw away the useless velcro band that shipped with the pack. I also discarded all but one of the finger loop zipper pulls, so as to reduce the chance of pulling the wrong one under duress.

Thanks for the review, looks like a good, inexpensive, option. Does the tag indicate where it was made?
    Last edited by oregon45; 08-28-2023 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Thanks for the review, looks like a good, inexpensive, option. Does the tag indicate where it was made?
    Vietnam
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here's a quick review of the Eberlestock Bando Bag fanny pack.

Size is good for up to a G19 size gun, and fits my G26 with EPSc perfectly. Build quality is acceptable for a $49 pack, but not at the level of HPG. To me, the pack doesn't look especially tactical.

I added a sewn-in loop in the rear gun compartment, for attaching a Raven Vanguard trigger cover.

I threw away the useless velcro band that shipped with the pack. I also discarded all but one of the finger loop zipper pulls, so as to reduce the chance of pulling the wrong one under duress.
    Good mods! I did the same as well removing all but the one zipper pull. One thing I'd add since I'm sure someone will wonder at some point.
    There's not enough length or adjustment in the strap to use the Bando Bag for cross-body/chest carry. Not that they built it for that purpose, but someone will wonder about it.

Something like the Vertx S.O.C.P. fanny pack works better for a dual role, if that's something someone wanted.

I also tried a S.O.C.P. Sling, and that one is ridiculously small. A G26 with flush fit mag, low profile Ameriglo Defoor's, and no RDS barely fits with a VG2. Something of that size or a J-frame is about all you can do with one of those. If doing so, because it's such a tight fit, I'd consider stripping all of the internal zipper pulls out and the internal clipped key/coin holder to free as much room as you can and eliminate snag hazards. Kind of outside the intended use of these, but you can make it work for a small gun. With the phone holder on the front, it does seem like it probably looks pretty unlikely to most that there's a gun inside. All that said, there's no way around the fact the draw from one of these isn't gonna be great. Not to mention you're probably not going to be able to fit anything else inside with a gun in it. At most, maybe a phone in the front flap.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Another option from Shield Arms. I don’t know if it has come up already. There’s a video somewhere but can’t find it at the moment.

https://shieldarms.com/junk-sack-fallout
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Another option from Shield Arms. I don’t know if it has come up already. There’s a video somewhere but can’t find it at the moment.

Pretty neat that it's intended to carry vertically. Haven't seen another fanny pack designed for this specifically..
    Magnetic closure instead of zipper = faster
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post

"Junk Sack Fallout" wins the P-F prize for the worst product name of the year. It is wrong on many levels.

The pack itself looks pretty good.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

KELTY SLING BAG

I got this bag for a specific purpose. Walking my old dog for his potty break down the dark rural road we live on.
    Thanks to @Rex G for his info on this bag.

I velcroed a Frickie Zac in there and it holds the G19/TLR1 HL just right.

Name:  IMG_0865.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  40.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0869.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  41.0 KB

That Kelly looks pretty good. I might grab one to setup before my next surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    That Kelly looks pretty good. I might grab one to setup before my next surgery.
    I think you will like it. Really working well for me.

User Tag List