Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Art of the Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    I got this bag for a specific purpose. Walking my old dog for his potty break down the dark rural road we live on.
    Thanks to @Rex G for his info on this bag.

I velcroed a Frickie Zac in there and it holds the G19/TLR1 HL just right.

Attachment 109300

Attachment 109301

Attachment 109302
    Glad to be helpful. The request was to see if a G19 with a TLR would fit into the Kelty. I immediately thought that it obviously would, but, to be sure, I tested it with a G19X with an ACRO P-1 and a Surefire X200b. (I do not own a G19.)

This Kelty sling bag looks so very “innocent,” yet can accommodate a large-frame sixgun, with up to a 5.5” barrel, my Ruger Super GP100; perhaps a 6” or longer sixgun. I will try to remember to pull my 6” GP100 from the safe, and try it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Found a coupon code so I snagged one for less than $42 shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Don't be a tease - share the deets on the code!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Don't be a tease - share the deets on the code!
    KELTYFWB23
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    @Hizzie Have a report on your Kelty?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @Hizzie Have a report on your Kelty?
    I like it! It’s not flimsy, it has some stiffness to the padded back. I gotta dig out my holsters from the move and see which one I can add velcro to the back. Dunno if I’ll be able to get that done before I’m back on the table. Cardio cleared me Friday. Even for carry without I gun I think it’ll be pretty useful.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I wear the HPG snubby belt pack as a fanny pack when I'm at the gym or out playing with the kiddos. It's great when worn as a fanny pack but not as great when worn as a sling like they show in the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I wear the HPG snubby belt pack as a fanny pack when I'm at the gym or out playing with the kiddos. It's great when worn as a fanny pack but not as great when worn as a sling like they show in the pictures.
    I agree with this assessment. The HPG Belt Packs are best used as Belt Packs.

HPG Kit Bags are best used as chest packs, IMHO, but might be adaptable to low-slung sling bags. I experimented with that, during a 2015 road trip, but have disremembered how that worked out, probably because I started really liking Think Tank camera bags, for sling-bag purposes.

I did order an HPG Pocket Sling, to try with an HPG Attache and/or HPG Tarahumara, and need to get off my butt and try it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Anyone found a good Med insert for their Fanny packs? I’m imagining something like the double mag pouch Med inserts, but more optimized for the space. I want to be able to keep my Spiritus Fanny sack loaded with Med gear 95% of the time, but it’d be nice to be able to pull all the medical content out in one contained package, and then use it for tossing a gun/edc in to, and then back to Med later.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Anyone found a good Med insert for their Fanny packs? I’m imagining something like the double mag pouch Med inserts, but more optimized for the space. I want to be able to keep my Spiritus Fanny sack loaded with Med gear 95% of the time, but it’d be nice to be able to pull all the medical content out in one contained package, and then use it for tossing a gun/edc in to, and then back to Med later.

Any suggestions?
    I use a vertx tactigami thing. I think it's this one. https://vertx.com/mak-full

User Tag List