Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Full auto pistol gadget in the news

Full auto pistol gadget in the news

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

No punisher logo? I’m out.

Interesting application of interchangeable backplate tech though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I wonder if half the country would like ICE more if they knew how many of these gun control cases HSI works.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I wonder if half the country would like ICE more if they knew how many of these gun control cases HSI works.
    Why is it HSI instead of BATFE? Doesn't the firearm violation itself carry enough weight?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Full auto pistol gadget in the news

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Why is it HSI instead of BATFE? Doesn't the firearm violation itself carry enough weight?
    If it is coming in from abroad, it is HSI’s jurisdiction.

For instance, we had a Canadian make a wrong turn and end up at my work (CBP land Port of Entry). GPS had him cut thru ME instead of going the Canadian way to Ontario. Found 1.2 KG of cocaine and 0.5 KG of marijuana (weed might be legal in Canada and ME, but still a Schedule I narcotic Federally). HSI turned it down because he wasn’t intending to come in… and would have been thrown out in court. DEA or state/local could have been called, but HSI wanted to bridge relations with Canada L/E… so they asked us to turn it over to Canada after they guaranteed prosecution.

I know HSI have been looking at a lot of firearms related stuff from China.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Screwball is of course right. The importation angle is what gets HSI involved, through Title 19 and authorities which belonged to the US Customs Service before DHS.

Note that this does not preclude BATFE involvement—most federal law enforcement agencies work very well—and very often—together with others.

I used to follow a Instagram page (that seems to have been deleted by the owner or they got the Zuck) that tracked gang violence in Chiraq and these things were popping up everywhere for a while. They came from Wish and Alibaba and were labeled as "Airsoft Use Only".

These have been around since 2000 or so.
    I remember when they popped up on GlockTalk back around that time frame, some European gun store was shipping them over to US buyers until they got caught and everyone got their peepee slapped.
    Don't remember any real charges, just a lot of confiscation visits.

These days they're a simple 3D printer project for anyone who's brave enough.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Wasn't there a bunch of these shipped in from China a couple of years ago? Were labeled as airsoft parts but were metal and the business that imported them "lost" about 10-15k of them.

These are the ones we are seeing and hearing in Minneapolis of late. ATF and other agencies are involved in several investigations.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List