Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Trail Running Kit Bag Options

Site Supporter
    I've tried the HPG snubby kit bag and currently own their waistpack. I never got comfortable running with the chest bag, not just for the gun factor. While I think that most folks won't notice, some will. I have friends that use them who have gotten off-hand comments from strangers when running in urban environments. It might only be one percent of one percent of the criminals who notice such things, but isn't that the ones we really need to worry about?

For me it comes down to wanting to look like every other runner you see either in the woods or on a city greenway trail. I'm willing to give up some comfort to do that. That has payed off a lot with the ability to go for a run and then transition into a social situation without changing anything about my set up.

Besides the belt and holster setup mentioned earlier, I like wearing shorts with multiple pockets like the Brooks Sherpas. It lets me spread junk around and the wide waistband keeps stuff from bouncing around. Paired with a handheld bottle/BeFree filter and on the rare occasion a minimalist vest.
    Last edited by Crashpad; 05-05-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    If anyone wants to try this, last year's model is on sale on their website for $24.

@littlejerry - Have you tried it with a snubby? Do you wear it under or over your shirt?
    No, just a G42. A G43 weighs too much IMO. Even the G43 is heavy and you need to have it sized right. Too loose and there will be a lot of bounce

I usually wear it over my shorts. Typically half of it is above the waistband of my shorts. Depends on which shorts and how high I pull them up. If I wan to conceal something I can wear it under my shorts. I usually run in long boxer briefs and don't use shorts with liners. Short hangs naturally over the belt. Sometimes it fully covers it, sometimes not.

I have run several 10Ks in the last couple of months (I am not really a runner anymore) wearing my G19 with a RDS in my enigma. The holster and gun did not cause any issues. The only issues were that I am older and heavier and my knees hurt afterwards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I have run several 10Ks in the last couple of months (I am not really a runner anymore) wearing my G19 with a RDS in my enigma. The holster and gun did not cause any issues. The only issues were that I am older and heavier and my knees hurt afterwards.
    God, that’s me….my Sports Medicine person just told me ( looking at X-rays/mri) I have pretty healthy knees for a 65 yr old. I’m in my 40s.

User Tag List