Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jail guard and inmate - day 5

Jail guard and inmate - day 5

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-prison.html

Surprised they have not been caught yet.
    Cameras everywhere, license plate scanners.
    Wonder how they have avoided being caught?
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-prison.html

Surprised they have not been caught yet.
    Cameras everywhere, license plate scanners.
    Wonder how they have avoided being caught?
    I’m not law-enforcement so maybe the answer is obvious and I missing it but in this day and age with forensics science (I get it’s not magic like on TV), cameras, license plate scanners, and people sharing images of suspects all over social media, phone tracking capabilities, etc how does anyone avoid getting caught for any crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I’m not law-enforcement so maybe the answer is obvious and I missing it but in this day and age with forensics science (I get it’s not magic like on TV), cameras, license plate scanners, and people sharing images of suspects all over social media, phone tracking capabilities, etc how does anyone avoid getting caught for any crime?
    Its not like it is on TV... the Boston Marathon Bombers were ID'ed and tracked quickly because there are 5000 cameras in downtown Boston. In rural bumblefuck Alabama? The coverage is just not there. They think they know what vehicle to look for, but the crooks could have already swapped cars 3 or 4 times by now. Even if they did not swap cars, they could be hot swapping out plates every few hours. License plate scanners are a real thing and are hidden all over the place without the public knowing. But if you don't know what plate to look for, they are useless.

Right now, the guard is still in the fantasy phase. The cool bad boy, being on the run... its all exciting now. In a couple weeks it will dawn on her that she pissed away her life on this shit bag. Then what? Of course, there is just as good a chance that she is dead already. But probably not. He needs her help... He stick's out at 6'9", where she can dye her hair and still move without attracting attention. If she has half a brain, they already had a place to hole up and let the man hunt die down for a couple weeks.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

It's all conjecture right now but it will be interesting to find out how long the duo had actually been planning. Multiple cars, plates, pre-staged gas and supplies, etc. All those measures just delay the inevitable but hopefully the woman gets her mind right before the situation ends like Butch and Sundance.

If and when things do go that direction I pray the good and innocent are unharmed.

EDIT: Despite my conscious effort to avoid jumping on the analysis train, it is interesting that she had given her two weeks and retirement notice.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 05-04-2022 at 01:20 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I think the odds are pretty good that she's already dead.

We'll see, it's hard for a 6'9" man to hide, so maybe she's useful for other reasons.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

LPRs only work where there are LPRs. I worked a big cartel case last year, and would have 7+ hour gaps on major interstates where I wouldn’t get any LPR hits on my targets, because there aren’t any there.

If they use a credit card, they’re done. If they log into social media, they’re done. They get a phone, eventually, they’re done.

If it were me, I’d be pulling her phone records for the last year, and his jail calls, and start looking at the frequent contacts. They’ll make a phone call to a loved one, eventually. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    LPRs only work where there are LPRs. I worked a big cartel case last year, and would have 7+ hour gaps on major interstates where I wouldn’t get any LPR hits on my targets, because there aren’t any there.

If they use a credit card, they’re done. If they log into social media, they’re done. They get a phone, eventually, they’re done.

If it were me, I’d be pulling her phone records for the last year, and his jail calls, and start looking at the frequent contacts. They’ll make a phone call to a loved one, eventually. They always do.
    And, barring that, just wait for turkey day.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Despite my conscious effort to avoid jumping on the analysis train, it is interesting that she had given her two weeks and retirement notice.
    And sold her house.

This likely will not end well for her. My guess is that, when she realizes that she’s made a horrific mistake, her paramour will be one step ahead of her and will dump her body in a shallow grave, somewhere. A hunter may find her this fall during whitetail season.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I think the odds are pretty good that she's already dead.

We'll see, it's hard for a 6'9" man to hide, so maybe she's useful for other reasons.
    Serial Killer Ed Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Serial Killer Ed Kemper
    One of my former neighbors in Santa Cruz participated in the hunt for Kemper, and helped bring him in. He said no one has ever frightened him more.

As for the wayward CO...as a civvie with no experience in this stuff, I find it almost shocking that a seasoned female corrections officer would be so dumb to the risks.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List