Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaol Delivery

Site Supporter
    I worked for the Texas Prison System and two sheriff's departments. I saw this behavior several times.

Update

Casey White is indeed being charged with Felony Murder, even though somebody said it would not apply.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/07/case...ng-escape.html
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Casey White is indeed being charged with Felony Murder, even though somebody said it would not apply.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/07/case...ng-escape.html
    @BehindBlueI's
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Charging someone with felony murder when the co-conspirator committed suicide, apparently by their own free will, and in a different state seems like a prosecutor trying to get some media time to me. Even reading the AL statute, it looks like a stretch to get it to apply. Remember Zimmerman was charged as well, even though the code didn't support it.

A courtroom is a strange and magical land where anything can happen, but it would seem the AL lawyer-ly scene is also suprised and there's no case law backing a suicide counting as the death in felony murder. See: https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/13/us/ca...ite/index.html
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Considering he is already in for 75 and awaiting trial on murder for hire, I guess it is just prosecutorial piling on.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Just ordered a copy for a coworker threatening to work his way into corrections. Well, really for me. He can have it after I've read it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Just ordered a copy for a coworker threatening to work his way into corrections. Well, really for me. He can have it after I've read it.
    Corrections is an area with a very high employee turnover which results in those without certain skill sets running the facility. At the same time the same old office politics is present. Inmates are non-compliant in the free world and do
    not lose this trait when the door slams. In prison inmates often organize by joining gangs. The larger the population the more one sees unmanageable problems which become overlooked and ignored. Contraband is always a problem. Employees bring much of it into the facility by transporting it or turning a blind eye on those that do. State systems often have a trusty system. Some of these guys make themselves indispensable to those for whom they work. How? By doing their job for them and manipulation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Games Inmates Play This isn’t a professional study per se but it gives a great insight into the way inmates manipulate and turn COs. I passed my copy onto @Bigguy and he passed it onto other DOs. A lot of the comments on Amazon seem to be I wish I’d read this earlier in my career. I’m glad my copy is helping.
    I'm not in LE or corrections, but this book fascinating to me thus far

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List