Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J frame pocket carry grips

J frame pocket carry grips

What grips are you all using for J frame front pocket carry? Do you like a grip that offers maximum concealment or something a little more substantial?

My 642 has C/T laser grips (way too big IMHO) and my 638 has the stock "rubber" grips (seems like a good compromise)

Hogue Bantam (Piranha) in G10. Grippy, without being overly aggressive against bare skin...and easy to retrieve from pocket.

My OEM rubber grips delaminated after a few years...with the rubber separating from the grip.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Oh but never mind the bad ass custom knife in the pic Blues. Lol. Always got the nice blades.

Site Supporter
    I use the old Uncle Mike's hard rubber boot grip copies for pocketed J frames. I found 4 or 5 sets over the years in various bargain boxes at the LGS or on tables at gun shows. They don't snag or abrade pockets.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

The older Taurus design is very good. Adds length of pull yet is still a boot style grip overall. Wish someone offered it in non rubber.

The three concerns I have with pocket-carry grips are: weight, shape, and shootability. Weight and shape are all about keeping the gun balanced in the pocket and less likely to print prominently in summer-weight, light-colored slacks. Shootability is all about having a repeatable grip with “enough” surface area.

Ran the Uncle Mikes Boots for a while and have settled back on the Hogue Bantams. Pocket gun is a 340PD, and I’m pretty sure these are the lightest grips on the market besides nigh-unusable magnas.

I used to worry about the “stickiness” of the rubber, but if your hand is already in your pocket, then the grips aren’t touching the fabric in the way out.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    LG 405's on my 340pd.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...ith%20&start=1

A little more cushier than the 105, and smaller than a 305. I guess there is a new one called a 350, too, which is bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    What grips are you all using for J frame front pocket carry? Do you like a grip that offers maximum concealment or something a little more substantial?

My 642 has C/T laser grips (way too big IMHO) and my 638 has the stock "rubber" grips (seems like a good compromise)
    LG-305.

My pants are loose cut and my pockets are big.

VZ boot grips. Currently with the @Lost River vet wrap mod.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    VZ boot grips. Currently with the @Lost River vet wrap mod.
    You're such a slave to whatever's trendy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List