Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AR aftermarket triggers

Quote Originally Posted by ssc45 View Post
    You do not mention if you are interested in a 2 stage trigger or single stage. This does make a difference, however it is usually personal preference dictated by the use of the rifle. Your requirements for the trigger are not very compatible. Large pin, vetted, etc is not going to be "cheap." Then again I do not know what your definition of "cheap" equates to.
    Not "cheap". Inexpensive! I realize there's a whole world of aftermarket but I don't live in it. I just want a reliable, proven functional duty trigger. Not target shooting or gaming trigger. Just a duty one that doesn't feel like you accidentally forgot to switch off the safety. I don't care if it's single stage or 5 speed with reverse. [emoji6].

Quote Originally Posted by ssc45 View Post
    I also have a stupid colt large pin. I installed a G SSA that was defective. I sent it back to G and got the usual answer that it was fine. They did change the hammer spring and sent it back and it is acceptable. It is a 2 stage trigger. I can only speculate as to the vetting of the large pin SSA. The regular pin SSA is well vetted, but runs between $160 to $240. The large pin is more expensive. I have never seen it on sale.

Other options are Velocity triggers, JP and Timney. They all make large pin triggers. The last option is having the stock trigger "worked" on. Bill springfield is a name from the past who works on triggers. Frankly, I would not have a "worked on" trigger in a duty gun and I am not recommending Springfield, just offering his name as an option. Please do your own due diligence in that regard.

Lastly, does your lower have the sear block? If so, it may limit certain triggers. ADCO can remove it.

Cheers, Steve
    I went and checked all of them. (3)6920 (1)6721.

All have integral sear blocks! [emoji2959][emoji2959] 1 6920 has small pins!

Just playing with it it doesn't seem as bad as it did at the range although slow deliberate pulls are noticably shitty.

I'm going to give it one more shot at a different range. The one I used is very close and convenient but your sitting in what is basically an above ground pill box with a slanted roof so that you can't aim above the berm at the max distance of 100 yards. Problem is to sit comfortably you must be 4ft tall. I'm 6ft and I have to scrunch down low enough to see the sights and then jack my neck up to align my eyes with the sights! If I use an ammo can as a rest to sit more natural I'm too tall and end up looking into the ceiling of the box I'm sitting in. If the seat moved I could at least get a more prone position, but it doesn't!! At the same time my arm is kinda straight down so it's altogether not the best or most natural position to sit in. There's another similar range about 45min away that doesn't have a pill box. I'm going to try that and see if it makes any difference

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

People can keep buying geissele triggers all they want but my personal opinion is that the MBT 2S is better than the SSA at half the cost. You can cite reliability testing all you want, but you can also easily see that geissele QC is not the greatest for commercial market items via a Google search.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    This is what I'd put in my "if you could only have one gun" gun. https://www.elftactical.com/elftmann...rop-in-trigger

Fortunately I can have more than one, and several of them have this trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    People can keep buying geissele triggers all they want but my personal opinion is that the MBT 2S is better than the SSA at half the cost. You can cite reliability testing all you want, but you can also easily see that geissele QC is not the greatest for commercial market items via a Google search.
    It’s a moot issue for the OP as LaRue doesn’t make a large pin trigger.

The longer I'm involved and around the gun and gear industry the more and more I am starting to think that Rob S might be right all along.....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

If you can pull off an SSA get it, especially if it’s for a working rifle. They are superior for a number of reasons including being an actual issued trigger for a number of Agencies & Units. They are utterly reliable and extremely shootable. The SSA-E is a bit too light for my taste for a working gun unless it’s being put into a DM roll. The LaRue is very good but the trigger shoe is kinda wide and feels weird if you’re used to a standard trigger but the break is nearly as good as an SSA. I have a couple examples of BCM’s PNT trigger and one of the three I’ve tried is an excellent “Milspec” single stage, the other two were good (better than any of my issued M4A1s over the years) but not as good as the one I’m leaving in one of my personal rifles. I’ve never owned a G2S but I’d consider it a valid option and personally preferable to the LaRue but, again…for a working gun scrape together the extra $50-80 and get an SSA. They’re that good and screwing around with non vetted and non widely issued triggers for a working rifle is stupid IMO.

User Tag List