Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR aftermarket triggers

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    The MBT is not vetted? They have been on the market for nearly 10 years and I haven't heard of any complaints, and they sell as fast as Larue can make them.

The MBT is EDM machined from S7 tool steel while the Geissele is an investment cast part that is heat treated and machined.

Larue introduced his trigger when Geissele decided to get in on the optic mounts and rails. There was some friendly banter when it went down. Mark is definitely a character but like you said, he makes good products, and sells direct which reduces the cost.
    “Friendly banter” 😂

Re the triggers - yes the LaRue has been on the market for years. As I said I own both. When I say “vetted” I’m talking independent safety and reliability testing. In the case of the SSF/ SSA it’s passed the DOD / Crane testing for .MIL use and passed similar testing by two large Federal LE Agencies.

Lots of people make “nice” match triggers. I’d say Armalite, RRA and LMT’s match triggers all feel as good as the SSA. However, those other triggers are not as durable or reliable. What differentiates the G triggers from the other national match style triggers is the G triggers do it while maintaining the reliability/ durability of a service type trigger.

Could the LaRue trigger match that ? Quite possibly, but I don’t know of it being quantified via third party testing.

So after a quick measure looks like it is a large pin lower

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post

That limits you. Here are your Geissele options. https://geissele.com/colt-rifle-users-guide

I’m going to talk to a machinist buddy of mine about the practicality of boring out an ALG trigger to .169. Something tells me it will be harder than it sounds.

Personally love the Wilson Combat TTU line. Esp the Paul Howe

I've got two of the 2-stage Centurions in Colt lowers and I'm very happy with them, especially for the price. The rest are factory colt.

Wouldn’t take anything that has Mark LaRue’s name on it, even if I was being paid to take it.

Integrity counts a lot in my book.

That man doesn’t have any.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    Wouldn’t take anything that has Mark LaRue’s name on it, even if I was being paid to take it.

Integrity counts a lot in my book.

That man doesn’t have any.
    Is this something that can be discussed openly? I remember that you were recommending the LaRue PredatAR over the SCAR 17S, but that was also roughly a decade ago, so don't know if anything has come up since, outside of the LaRue/Geissele shenanigans.

My default has been the ALG ACT since they came out, always decent results for the price. Then I just replace them as I get something better later, my main guns have Geissele SD3G and Q triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post

You do not mention if you are interested in a 2 stage trigger or single stage. This does make a difference, however it is usually personal preference dictated by the use of the rifle. Your requirements for the trigger are not very compatible. Large pin, vetted, etc is not going to be "cheap." Then again I do not know what your definition of "cheap" equates to.

I also have a stupid colt large pin. I installed a G SSA that was defective. I sent it back to G and got the usual answer that it was fine. They did change the hammer spring and sent it back and it is acceptable. It is a 2 stage trigger. I can only speculate as to the vetting of the large pin SSA. The regular pin SSA is well vetted, but runs between $160 to $240. The large pin is more expensive. I have never seen it on sale.

Other options are Velocity triggers, JP and Timney. They all make large pin triggers. The last option is having the stock trigger "worked" on. Bill springfield is a name from the past who works on triggers. Frankly, I would not have a "worked on" trigger in a duty gun and I am not recommending Springfield, just offering his name as an option. Please do your own due diligence in that regard.

Lastly, does your lower have the sear block? If so, it may limit certain triggers. ADCO can remove it.

Cheers, Steve

I have both Centurion triggers. They are great. One is simple single stage mil spec, the other is their two stage. Zero complaints. And the two stage is right there with my G trigger at a fraction of the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List