Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR aftermarket triggers

AR aftermarket triggers

I'm looking for quality, proven yet inexpensive LE/MIL/SD/Duty aftermarket trigger for one of my ARs. I have no interest in updates, upgrades, aftermarket lego stuff but this trigger is just beyond bad. It's older Colt 6920 but the trigger feels like you're fighting the safety. It's just not realistic to keep it OEM.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

The Larue MBT-2S is a solid, no frills, 2-stage trigger.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

BCM trigger

The Larue trigger is good too.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I don’t know if it meets the price criteria, but I’ve got multiple Giessele SSA triggers, and I am totally satisfied.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I'm looking for quality, proven yet inexpensive LE/MIL/SD/Duty aftermarket trigger for one of my ARs. I have no interest in updates, upgrades, aftermarket lego stuff but this trigger is just beyond bad. It's older Colt 6920 but the trigger feels like you're fighting the safety. It's just not realistic to keep it OEM.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    How old is "old?"

I ask because standard AR-15/M16s use .150" size trigger pins, however through about 2009/2010 Colts (including my 2007/2008 vintage 6920) use .170" pins. If you have a .170" pin gun you will need a "large pin" trigger. Geissele makes a big pin version of the SSA.

If you have the standard .150 pin version, Geissele has an excellent budget version of the SSA called the G2S. Same trigger but doesn't get the full QC checks such as MPI on every part.

The SSA and it's select fire version the SSF are in use by the U.S. military and the SSA is in use with at least two large federal LE agencies tactical teams.

If you can be patient Geissele usually has decent holiday weekend sales and Memorial day and 4th of July are coming up.

I think the Larue MBT 2S is better than the Geissele SSA and it is half the price. Kind of a no-brainer to me. The only other trigger I use is Hiperfire but it's not a traditional trigger design.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I think the Larue MBT 2S is better than the Geissele SSA and it is half the price. Kind of a no-brainer to me. The only other trigger I use is Hiperfire but it's not a traditional trigger design.
    The LaRue is not a bad trigger, but it’s not as vetted as the SSA. I have both.

The G2S is a more apt comparison to the LaRue. On sale the price difference in $20 to $30.

It’s only available in standard .154 (small pin) which doesn’t work in older .170 pin Colts,

My LaRue AR-10 came from the factory with…. A Geissele SSA.

LaRue makes nice stuff but the man is kind of a nut case. Mark LaRue only makes a trigger and sells it at near cost, to spite Bill Geissele. Of course Bill Geissele also makes nice stuff but tends to bring that sort of thing out in multiple people so…pick your poison..

Last edited by HCM; 05-02-2022 at 01:30 AM.

I have quite a few of the Centurion AST triggers.

All of them are run on suppressed platforms so some of these are experiencing increased bolt velocities. Zero issues through thousands of rounds and for the price, the trigger feel is really, really good.

I used to be a G trigger snob. I just don't see the point anymore when the MBT and now these AST triggers are holding up fine and giving me essentially 99% of the trigger performance that I want.

I have several of the G2S all in 6920 lowers, very pleased. I have a couple of the Larue's in my SBR's for over a decade now, and they have been good performers. Both beat the snot out of Colt Factory.

User Tag List