Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock - High Quality Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much my take as well with the factory stock Benelli uses there. Seems to mirror that grip angle and I think it might only make sense if it helps with recoil comfort possibly. Does a more vertical grip increase felt recoil there?
    I wouldn't know as I have not been fortunate enough to play with shotguns that much. I used to have a Beretta 1201FP with a Choate stock PG buttstock and I don't remember it rocking me as hard or my hand getting beat up from the PG.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Looking at replacing the factory stock on my Benelli Supernova Tactical because of it's ridiculous factory LOP. The Mesa looks like it's much more usable for this purpose but I question the company's quality as I've seen reports of problems and potentially poor designs. I noticed the new factory Beretta 1301 Tactical uses an Urbino stock and that certainly speaks well, IMO. That said, is anybody using them or in the know to something pertinent before I take the plunge?
    Mine has proven to be solid. It's definitely a huge upgrade from the longer LOP on the original stock. As others have pointed out, the grip angle is less than ideal, but it doesn't really make a difference for me regarding speed/accuracy, it's just a bit less comfortable. They should've made the pistol grip more vertical to match the shorter LOP, but it seems like they just left it the same angle as the original. I didn't really notice a big difference with the LimbSaver pad, but I wasn't really bothered by the recoil on the original. The pistol grip padding is nicer than the original though, that was something I noticed right away. I do wish it had a QD slot like the Magpul shotgun stocks. It's kind of pointless to use a clash hook or QD on the front when the rear sling point is directly threaded to the stock. There's a hook option where the stock meets the receiver but it makes for a weird sling position. Overall I'm very happy I upgraded to the Mesa stock. Next up is a new foregrip probably.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post
    Mine has proven to be solid. It's definitely a huge upgrade from the longer LOP on the original stock. As others have pointed out, the grip angle is less than ideal, but it doesn't really make a difference for me regarding speed/accuracy, it's just a bit less comfortable. They should've made the pistol grip more vertical to match the shorter LOP, but it seems like they just left it the same angle as the original. I didn't really notice a big difference with the LimbSaver pad, but I wasn't really bothered by the recoil on the original. The pistol grip padding is nicer than the original though, that was something I noticed right away. I do wish it had a QD slot like the Magpul shotgun stocks. It's kind of pointless to use a clash hook or QD on the front when the rear sling point is directly threaded to the stock. There's a hook option where the stock meets the receiver but it makes for a weird sling position. Overall I'm very happy I upgraded to the Mesa stock. Next up is a new foregrip probably.
    Have you tried mounting the sling to the right side of the stock, try it if not and you may be better setup there. Thanks for sharing the pics w/ measurements, that looks like what i need for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I've had one on both an 1100 and a SuperNova (both with LimbSaver option), definetly a quality stock (not TacStar, etc. level).

I sold the 1100, and only reason I swapped the Mesa on my SN for a ComforTech was that I prefer a traditional stock over pistol grip.

In fact, my Mesa Urbino for the SN is available for sale.
    What mount are you using for your light on the supernova in this picture?
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

User Tag List