Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock - High Quality Kit?

Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock - High Quality Kit?

Looking at replacing the factory stock on my Benelli Supernova Tactical because of it's ridiculous factory LOP. The Mesa looks like it's much more usable for this purpose but I question the company's quality as I've seen reports of problems and potentially poor designs. I noticed the new factory Beretta 1301 Tactical uses an Urbino stock and that certainly speaks well, IMO. That said, is anybody using them or in the know to something pertinent before I take the plunge?

My only experience with them is the one that came with my 1301. It feels well built and solid and has nice features like the tool-less adjustable cheek riser. I’m not a huge pistol grip on a shotgun fan, so I switched it out to the Magpul

I put one on my M2 for the same reason, original is way way too long.

No issues, has been solid and the Limbsaver recoil pad is a plus.

I have one on a Benelli M4. My only problem with it is that the buttpad is pretty soft rubber and after sitting in my safe for awhile, some of it fused with the carpet on the bottom of the safe. As a stock though, it's great.

That's the other thing I like the idea of, Limbsaver is almost required for pump 12 gauge for myself to really avoid getting beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I have one on a Benelli M4. My only problem with it is that the buttpad is pretty soft rubber and after sitting in my safe for awhile, some of it fused with the carpet on the bottom of the safe. As a stock though, it's great.
    Is that the Limbsaver or the standard pad?

Site Supporter
    I've had one on both an 1100 and a SuperNova (both with LimbSaver option), definetly a quality stock (not TacStar, etc. level).

I sold the 1100, and only reason I swapped the Mesa on my SN for a ComforTech was that I prefer a traditional stock over pistol grip.

In fact, my Mesa Urbino for the SN is available for sale.

Another option is to cut down your factory stock. I cut 2” off my M1 and just did 1.75 on my friends M4.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tock-InnovaTac

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    That's the other thing I like the idea of, Limbsaver is almost required for pump 12 gauge for myself to really avoid getting beat up.

Is that the Limbsaver or the standard pad?
    Limbsaver

I have one on an 11-87. I fucking loathe the angle of the PG but it has a much better LOP than the factory stock and the Limbsaver buttpad really helps with felt recoil.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I have one on an 11-87. I fucking loathe the angle of the PG but it has a much better LOP than the factory stock and the Limbsaver buttpad really helps with felt recoil.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my take as well with the factory stock Benelli uses there. Seems to mirror that grip angle and I think it might only make sense if it helps with recoil comfort possibly. Does a more vertical grip increase felt recoil there?

User Tag List