Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Rifleman Reviews the 2011 Staccato

American Rifleman Reviews the 2011 Staccato

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...p-optic-ready/

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...accato-2011-p/

I do find it quite interesting that the 2011 series seems to be gaining so much LE interest. The current number of departments issuing or allowing the 2011 is now at 500. Maybe more.

Given the price vs the price of basically everything else on the market I assume 99% of the guns being carried are individual officer purchase with probably only USMS SOG and a few well-funded SWAT teams buying for issue.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

So partially based on what's been a sidebar in my dumpster fire John Lovell thread; what's the maintenance protocol for departments buying/authorizing the 2011 for patrol or SWAT? I assume personal purchase guns are the responsibility of the end user. So are department-owned guns inspected and rebuilt by a trained armorer after X amount of rounds or X amount of time or do they just get left alone until someone notes a problem?

2011s have been usually pretty darned reliable in my experience with them in USPSA but I'm not carrying one daily. Getting in and out of vehicles. Banging the gun against door frames and generally having it exposed to the elements. It almost seems contradictory that a gun built to match tolerances is expected to run well in a duty environment. Especially such an environment without some periodic inspection and parts replacement.

I'm curious about what duty ammunition is being used by LA Metro and USMS SOG with these pistols. Speaking of the latter, I was surprised to see these pictures - is USMS SOG now also using or authorizing the Staccato XC?

Name:  272244296_339942844460301_4760764339109206704_n.webp.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  36.2 KB
    Name:  273238988_1107587743324602_7408098082514764694_n.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  55.4 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Yes, the use of the Staccato P by USMS SOG has been well publicized for the last several years - but I've seen nothing indicating that the XC pictured above with USMS SOG markings has been in use.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Yes, the use of the Staccato P by USMS SOG has been well publicized for the last several years - but I've seen nothing indicating that the XC pictured above with USMS SOG markings has been in use.
    Maybe it was gun used in their trails and sent back to Staccato and used at trade shows?

Here's a Sage Dynamics review from approx 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Maybe it was gun used in their trails and sent back to Staccato and used at trade shows?
    Well, an Eagle eyed friend tipped me off that the DVC-P (which essentially became the Staccato XC) appeared in this video on USMS SOG. It first appears around the 35 second mark, and has USMS markings like the XC pictured above. Of course, the Staccato P appears more frequently.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 05-03-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Well, an Eagle eyed friend tipped me off that the DVC-P (which essentially became the Staccato XC) appeared in this video on USMS SOG. It first appears around the 35 second mark, and has USMS markings like the XC pictured above. Of course, the Staccato P appears more frequently.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the link.

I assume the dude(s) with the XC are probably the guys who helped set up the approval....[emoji1]

I wish my department issued me something like a 2011, but we don’t issue handguns at all, they’re Officer supplied and I can’t justify >$2k for the gun out of my meager pay. Lol.

I haven’t seen any in my area, there’s a couple of county guys that carry 1911s, but no 2011s.

User Tag List