Thread: May Rangemaster Newsletter

Site Supporter

May Rangemaster Newsletter

The May edition of Rangemaster’s monthly newsletter has been posted. We hope you find the information useful.

https://rangemaster.com/wp-content/u...Newsletter.pdf

Thank you, Tom!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Thanks, as always!

I noticed that my practice of pulling a cartridge from defensive service, after being chambered more than twice, in an auto-pistol, has actual science behind it. (If that hidden primer “pellet” is fractured, it will not reliably fire.) Actually, because I have tended to buy .40 S&W and then 9mm Gold Dots in quantity, I have long limited the number of chamberings to just one. If I have had to clear a 9mm handgun, for some reason, I have almost never put that cartridge back into my carry mag. Especially in the case of double-column-mag 9mm and .40 pistols, immediately topping-off the mag has never seemed to be of don’t-get-kilt-in-the-streets importance. (Per PD policy I used .40 S&W for duty, and much personal carry, from 2002 to 2015, at which time I was allowed to transition to 9mm.)

The last time I had to treat each auto-pistol cartridge as precious was in the Nineties, when it was not always easy to find my favored 230-grain .45 ACP Hydra-Shoks and Gold Dots. Even then, IIRC, I think that I tried to never chamber an individual cartridge more than once.

This brings up yet another advantage of revolving pistols. Primer preservation; no impact from the slide slamming closed.

The importance of vigilance, in transitional areas, is so very important to emphasize, again and again. I almost never visit ATMs. When I do, there is a nice one in the lobby of a nearby police substation. It is safer to shop with plastic, anyway, and I have two different credit card holders, rather than keeping all of them together. I do my best to maintain enough in my truck’s fuel tank, so that I can fuel my truck selectively, at a time and place of my choosing.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Great info as always. Thanks Tom.

Very informative, as always

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the newsletter.

I don't do FB, so I posted this here.

I consistently shot several courses in the -20s; the 25y string did me in every time!

I shot several additional strings at 25y in practice.

This was the final full course of fire.

Name:  RM Adv Bullseye 01.05.22.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  75.9 KB
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List