Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre model 10.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    That’s very cool. And even more cool that your Dad filled in the blanks for you.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Lex: He had forgotten about the revolver.
    A shadow box would be cool, but I don't want it where it could possibly be stolen.
    I do plan on loading up some factory power 148 wadcutters and getting it to print.
    Thought about restoration, but that kinda takes a bit of mystique away.

Thanks again everyone.
    I'll post more pictures soon.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    I think the front sight and it's base were added to the barrel and are not original factory. Manufacturing date determines if higher than standard pressure ammo can be used. I gave Stephanie copy of paperwork from the factory showing relevant information compiled by Roy Jinks. She submitted it to the other forum owner who made it a sticky. You might check this. It has serial number information.

Site Supporter
    @willie - I think it's a modification of the original half-moon sight. I've seen pictures of such before.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @willie - I think it's a modification of the original half-moon sight. I've seen pictures of such before.
    It is the original "coin' half circle front sight that someone filed, at some point.

The serial is c 32002x.
    Dates to around 53-54.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    You guys are correct. The base fooled me.

Angle of the first picture made it look like a King, but now it is clearly the stock semicircle cut into a post. Similar to what was once called "half target."

Condition is too good to warrant "restoration ".

It isn't Spanish iron, standard 158/850 "Police Special" will not overload it and will probably shoot to the sights if the reshaping did not lower the blade.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

That is a cool old gun with character. Do not restore it. Wipe if off, oil it and shoot it with standard pressure loads.

Who made the grip adapter?

The grip adapter is a Tyler T-Grip made in Oklahoma City, OK about the time that I used to ride my bike to Melvin Tyler’s shop on Britton Road.

The round front sight was really the only drawback of those revolvers and someone corrected that one perfectly.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I remember that Mr. Tyler's ads were sprinkled with bible verses. Back in the day, Pachmayr also made a grip adaptor. I recently gave the last ones I owned away.

User Tag List