Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lovell Offends Anyone Born Before 1980

Guys. Relax. Really.

He lost me before this, about the time he went all bosom buddy with James Yeager.

Great hate on the Pachmayr thong grips. That's a surprise.
    Last edited by medmo; 04-29-2022 at 07:38 PM.

The 1911 is a horse pistol. Designed for the US cavalry. No, not the airborne cavalry, the one that used horses when Pershing (with his dick in his hand) was chasing Poncho Villa around in Mexico before WW1.

I'm not sure why a "gun guy" would want to dis a 1911 or even a Colt Dragoon, but there you have it. Wife beater white trailer trash.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I suppose if you look up a number of posts I've authored here in the past you will see I'm a 1911 aficionado. And yeah I predate 1980.

You will see I've gotten plenty of jazz from trainers in the past about showing up with a 1911. (Side note: is a Kimber a real 1911? )

Todd Green told me my 1911 would not make it through his class. It did just fine.

JD Potynsky told me my 1911 would not make it through the Northern Red class.

Kyle Defoor made it a point to say the 1911 was an archaic weapon from a bygone era. This came up when he demonstrated contact shots on the target. Kyle said the 1911 could not do what his Glock did because it would get pushed out of battery and be incapable of firing. Kyle also tried to impress the class with the fact that his Glock had an aftermarket barrel with a tighter lockup than a stock Glock barrel giving a "capable" guy more latitude with a contact shot. As in even less likely to come out of battery due to the tight lockup. My response: "Watch this"! I drew my 1911 and jammed it into the target with many more times the force Kyle used with his Glock. I even grabbed the target frame and pulled it into my 1911. The force on the business end of my 1911 was undeniable. Then I proceeded to blow an .45 caliber hole through the target. I explained to Kyle how it was done. The gun was on safe thereby locking the gun into battery. Trigger depressed. The safety is used to Fire the gun. So Kyle admitted he learned something and I proved my archaic weapon was more "capable" than his Tupperware.

It's the Indian not the Arrow. A skilled guy with a Hi-Point will kill a poser with the latest gun du jour that he just had to have because _____________ says it is the best. Every day and twice on Sunday!

The 1911 is a horse pistol. Designed for the US cavalry. No, not the airborne cavalry, the one that used horses when Pershing (with his dick in his hand) was chasing Poncho Villa around in Mexico before WW1.

I'm not sure why a "gun guy" would want to dis a 1911 or even a Colt Dragoon, but there you have it. Wife beater white trailer trash.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

What's his specialty in training, teaching people to shoot IDPA?

Asking 'cause nobody in USPSA would use that gear he has, and nobody in defensive training community would run with a 1911 between positions without re-engaging thumb safety first.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Hey, any guy who can bring Apollo 13 back home is entitled to his opinion. Wait,....... John who?

So, Patriot Nurse doesn't like 1911s. Learning has occurred.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 04-29-2022 at 08:58 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Signed up for Lovell's site when it was first announced. Did not renew for a 2nd year , I hope it has improved. Lots of youtube level videos with grown men acting like stupid teenagers.

Also was in a class with Yeager once. The rear sight fell off his pistol during the class and he had to leave the line several times to clear the jams in his plastic wonder 9mm.

Yawn. TBH I only watched bits and pieces but it was the same old same old.

But I'm sure it served its purpose and generated a lot of clicks.

User Tag List