Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: John Lovell Offends Anyone Born Before 1980

Social media breaks are good. Last July I stepped away from internet surfing except business and family matters, including PF, and I didn't log back in until like a month ago. During that time, I read more books than I typically would in the same time frame, and I had no desire to upgrade or buy any new firearms related gear. I didn't even know eform 4s were happening until my nephew told me like a month after it was announced.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Locked at OP's request.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    As I often am prone to do, I did not clearly make my point.

I did not mean that I believed a 1911 is hard to shoot, or even that other people were claiming a 1911 is hard to shoot.

I did not even disagree with the OP that the 1911 was probably not the appropriate pistol of choice for today's shooters. We do disagree on why that may be the case.

I was trying to make the point that every time I hear someone demean the 1911 they seldom, if ever, fail to mention the fact that the pistol has a thumb safety and a grip safety as the leading causes of the pistol's shortcomings. It is almost a certainty that those two features will be mentioned as primary reasons the 1911 is unsuitable for Poet Warriors or any other shooters.

I did not even direct my comments towards a specific demographic or a specific age group. (Well maybe I did . . . . I can't recall seeing any reports of any older folks eating Tide pods or snorting condoms).

It is my opinion that learning the correct manual of arms for a 1911 is not rocket science, and any inherent problems in the design are relatively easy to overcome. It takes some effort. And generally speaking, our society is chock full of folks who can't be bothered with that effort. So they demean anything and anyone older that 30 while they giggle and record it for world-wide viewing.

I'm not entirely convinced that approach is going to work for either them or society. And as they age, they might find that life has a way of wiping smirks off one's face.

DISCLAIMER: The last sentence of this post has absolutely, positively NOTHING to do with 1911 pistols, or who does or does not like them. It's just an opinion.
    I remember ToddG telling a few of us at dinner how the grip and thumb safeties along with being hammer fired made the 1911 perfect for AIWB. I never found the manual of arms for a 1911 difficult, I just don’t like the cost, capacity, and weight.
    #RESIST

User Tag List