Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lovell Offends Anyone Born Before 1980

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Is your problem with John Lovell, or people under the age of 30?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Is your problem with me, or just people over the age of 50?
    Lovell had his way with you two.

Last edited by Hambo; 05-01-2022 at 04:50 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

At this point in my life, I've got a couple of K frames, a 9mm 1911, a HiPower, a DAO 92, a Shield, and a Glock 19.

I'm on all the sides. Except .45acp. To heck with those guys!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    At this point in my life, I've got a couple of K frames, a 9mm 1911, a HiPower, a DAO 92, a Shield, and a Glock 19.

Alice in Wonderland.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter

I could probably be happy with .38 Special and 9x19 exclusively, but I've spent the last 30+ years accumulating .357 Mag, .41 Mag, .44 Special and Mag, and .45 ACP brass. If I sold those guns, I'd have to figure out what to do with the brass and ammo I have for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Problem?

Seems like you are determined to make this personal.

Is your problem with me, or just people over the age of 50?
    Well, you just keep writing dumb shit. Bitching about people under 30 and their lack of life experience when the subject of the OP that got you all wound up is a 39 y/o 5-tour combat vet.

It's playing right into why Lovell made this video: rampant old people going off the handle on dumb stuff.

Seeing the meltdown among the AARP crowd for this video is pretty amazing. I'm just here to enjoy the ironic shit posting, like people getting all fired up over those young whippersnappers who can't spell, and conduct the same errors in their own diatribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Lovell had his way with you two.
    Yeah, well...your mom has cooties. So there.

*flings booger at you*
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It's okay to like guns that aren't as good as other ones. I like AKs. I got my first one in 1998 when I was 18. It was way cheaper than any AR that I could find during that time period(Clinton ban). I still like AKs. I still own AKs. I still shoot AKs sometimes. I'll probably never not own an AK or three. But the AR is a better rifle. It's better at everything except being reliable with 7.62x39. There's absolutely no practical reason to buy an AK in 2022 unless you just want one, and that's okay. A bare bones AK of acceptable quality is as much or more than most mid tier ARs.

Now, let's try this with different words that make the same point.

It's okay to like guns that aren't as good as other ones. I like 1911s. I got my first one in 1958 when I was 18. It was way cheaper than any other semi automatic that I could find during that time period(Post WWII). I still like 1911s. I still own 1911s. I still shoot 1911s sometimes. I'll probably never not own a 1911 or three. But the (insert some other modern pistol here) is a better handgun. It's better at everything except nostalgia and looking cool at Coach Corral during Senior Tuesdays. There's absolutely no practical reason to buy an 1911 in 2022 unless you just want one, and that's okay. A bare bones 1911 of acceptable quality is as much or more than my last hip surgery.

@TGS maybe youre a boomerphobic

Why do I have a feeling there will be a war poet 1911 coming soon? After watching his video I have a sudden urge to buy another 1911 after regrettably selling a colt Wiley clapp GM and a SA loaded that ran well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @TGS maybe youre a boomerphobic
    It's quite literally the reason I don't visit gun shops anymore. I just got that tired of walking into an LGS and having some AARP member want to engage with me about his 1911 and give life advice over my choice of a commie poodle-shooter.

I have a diagnosed allergy to boomerism.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Why do I have a feeling there will be a war poet 1911 coming soon? After watching his video I have a sudden urge to buy another 1911 after regrettably selling a colt Wiley clapp GM and a SA loaded that ran well.
    When you do, I have a stack of mags that someone lent to me to help get you restarted

Reeducate yourself, youngster:

User Tag List