Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W 43C trigger

S&W 43C trigger

Anyone had any luck getting a 43C trigger closer to a standard J frame trigger while maintaining reliable rimfire ignition?
    My preferred .22LR is CCI Mini-Mag.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Anyone had any luck getting a 43C trigger closer to a standard J frame trigger while maintaining reliable rimfire ignition?
    My preferred .22LR is CCI Mini-Mag.
    Mine has improved from shooting it. Not good J frame good, but certainly better than it started. You could always buy a .22 mag J frame, and then the 43C will feel a lot better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Mine has improved from shooting it. Not good J frame good, but certainly better than it started. You could always buy a .22 mag J frame, and then the 43C will feel a lot better.
    My experience as well. My 43c trigger is decent, but the trigger on my 351c is not even close to nice. I’m bummed cause I much prefer the .22 Mag for carry.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    My experience as well. My 43c trigger is decent, but the trigger on my 351c is not even close to nice. I’m bummed cause I much prefer the .22 Mag for carry.
    Mine must be defective, its heavy as hell, but smooth.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I reckon it's a waste of synapse time to think too much about what any revolver is like until it's been gone through and made as good as that one can reasonably be by taking away all the suck. Not hot rodding it, just taking out the suck. Until that's done, any particular example is just a sample of n+1, rolling the 20-sided D&D dice.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Mine must be defective, its heavy as hell, but smooth.
    That's how mine is too and I can get good hits with it. Mine just has a really high POI so looking hard at the D&L j frame sight package which Dave L told me he'll zero to my preference which will be same as his, top of front post POA=POI, 25 yards. And since I've shot it on the timer for solid hits (just having to hold on the stomach to hit high chest/clavicle) I'll go with that. I love this little thing.

My son got one for his wife after she shot mine well (at probable distances, not my outlier 25 yard stuff) and it's similar. Heavy but smooth but with a good POI.

My 317's trigger is much lighter, also smooth, very comparable to my two Model 36s which are fairly old.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My 43c is heavy but smooth. Not as good as a stock 38 J-Frame but OK for it's purpose. I mostly shoot Velocitors in mine.

I have had two other 43Cs.

I like to sell them at a loss and then pay a premium for another one.

My 3rd 43C was purchased used and it has an unusually nice trigger.
    I thought it was stock as I've tried over a dozen types of ammo and it fired them all.
    When I swapped the grips I noticed that it doesn't have a colored spring.
    I'm pretty sure the factory spring was either red or blue in my previous guns.

I think a previous owner put in a lighter spring.
    Since the original rimfire spring was a 12lb. according to the Wolff website, I wonder if an extra power J frame spring at 9lb. would work?

On the tactical professor website, he says he has a 9lb. trigger in his 43C.
    I used Remington Golden Bullet bulk ammo in the 525 round box for the 43C. Despite it having a 9 pound mainspring, which I have been told will get me ‘kilt in da streetz,’ there were no Failures to Fire.
    Anyway the spring in mine is not colored, but the trigger is so light that my 78 year old sister could easily pull it.
    Last edited by Mini14jac; 05-04-2022 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini14jac View Post
    I have had two other 43Cs.

I like to sell them at a loss and then pay a premium for another one.

My 3rd 43C was purchased used and it has an unusually nice trigger.
    HILARIOUS!!!!

Man, I have not seen one in the wild for neigh ten years it feels like. I think I have to have one. An understudy to my 351C LOL

There is something magical about a J frame that feels light as a potato chip.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    HILARIOUS!!!!

Man, I have not seen one in the wild for neigh ten years it feels like. I think I have to have one. An understudy to my 351C LOL

There is something magical about a J frame that feels light as a potato chip.
    Not cheap ($729) but Midway has 2 in stock as of 5/4/22.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022667019?pid=828415
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List