Thread: Moving up in the world

Site Supporter

Moving up in the world

I have owned a GP100 for a few years, and while I think it's an awesome revolver, I wound up looking at guns I didn't really need and it was on the list and I considered selling.

About the same time, I look in the used cabinet at the LGS and what should I see but a pre lock model 66-4 round butt.

Now I have this deal with myself to not let a nice pre lock smith go without seeing what I can do to give it a good home...and as it turns out, seeing as I already have a model 57 and a model 638...well I figured to trade the Ruger for the Smith...and incredibly enough the LGS ageeed. So it is safe to say now the only gap in the gun safe is the L frame.

Which, BTW, will be filled immediately if a pre lock 4" 586 rears it's head in any of my usual haunts. That and a short barreled prelock model 66 or model 19 have always been sort of grail guns for me and I'm glad I picked this one up. I learned to shoot on 38 special revolvers...which for a millennial is odd enough, but the 2.5" k frames were a part of my childhood.

It's every bit as great as I remember them being.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Good for you! I'm not a fan of the 2.5" barrel but that's just me. If you like it, more power to you. (smiley face goes here)

Dave

User Tag List