Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on NFA Trust name?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I like the ones I've seen with the trust info/MFR markings on the front of the magwell, or inside the trigger guard area just in front of the trigger slot. The latter can be a bit tricky depending on the equipment used.
    Hmmm. The front of the magwell… I like that idea.

Since, according to the ATF’s NFA Handbook, the information must
    “ …be conspicuously placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel of the firearm by engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), that is, they must be placed in such a manner that they are wholly unobstructed from plain view.”

That seems like a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I use a guy in Epping who SIG suggested for laser engraving. He does it while you wait, and it’s very nice work.

https://2aengraving.com/
    Excelent, just fawking excellent! 😎💯😎
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Anyone here have a good rationale for choosing a trust name?

I’ve read that the idea of having the trust be the primary owner’s name could be useful for a case of having to deal with law enforcement with the weapon in hand, and a copy of the trust not readily available.
    My firm does NFA trusts, and I typically recommend using some variation of the primary owner's name for this exact reason. However, with the ability to save copies of the trust on your phone, it's not a huge deal to be able to pull up the trust on demand if a LEO wants to get that far into the weeds.

The only real "rule" that I've heard is that ATF wants the trust name to end in the word "trust," as opposed to having some sort of abbreviation such as RLT for revocable living trust.

If I were to Form 1 a weapon, I would probably use some variant of the firearm itself as the trust name, just in case I ever wanted to sell it down the road--it would be a lot easier to transfer a gun with "BCM ABC123 Trust" engraved on it than it would "FIRST NAME LAST NAME Trust," but I also have the ability to make unlimited free trusts, which makes this a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    If I were to Form 1 a weapon, I would probably use some variant of the firearm itself as the trust name, just in case I ever wanted to sell it down the road--it would be a lot easier to transfer a gun with "BCM ABC123 Trust" engraved on it than it would "FIRST NAME LAST NAME Trust," but I also have the ability to make unlimited free trusts, which makes this a lot easier.
    That’s ingenious.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s ingenious.
    Is that what Silencer Shop does with their Single Shot Trusts?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Is that what Silencer Shop does with their Single Shot Trusts?
    Essentially

User Tag List