Thread: Good Spice Company Recommendations?

Site Supporter

Good Spice Company Recommendations?

I need to find a decent supplier of good spices. I found Penzeys and their spices are really excellent but then they started emailing me their political views and...I can't bring myself to spend my money with them any more. Any recommendations for a good supplier that either doesn't broadcast their views like that or, if they do, wouldn't make pretty much anybody who's a regular on the board's head explode? Thanks.

I hadn't heard about this company and the CEOs antics. Just had a quick read.

Whoa.

When even your own company's employees are hoping you shut up because you've killed 50% of the business's revenues, you know you done fucked up.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    spicesinc.com

Been ordering from them for a couple of years. Great prices, they toss in a little free sample bag and whoever packs your order signs the note with some sort of little 'hope you enjoy this' message. No idea their political philosophy and/or liklihood they are lizard people. Good quality and very nice prices, though.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Thanks for the thread — I’ve been mad at Penzey’s for years.
    Last edited by JAD; 04-27-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'll try spicesinc.com Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I hadn't heard about this company and the CEOs antics. Just had a quick read.

Whoa.

When even your own company's employees are hoping you shut up because you've killed 50% of the business's revenues, you know you done fucked up.
    We used to trek from Manassas to Falls Church to shop at the B&M location there, as well as other things. We're not making drive just for spices because this isn't the middle ages.

I'm generally not one to boycott over a company's (or their owner's) political views, but Penzy's was so over the top I couldn't continue shopping there. TBH, even if their views were 180deg opposite I'd probably have the same visceral response. Ick. Just sell me some yummy spices and shut up.

Chris

World Spice Merchants out of Seattle.

https://www.worldspice.com

We started using their stuff around 2001, and now mail order to MN.
    I've always gotten excellent quality products and really good advice and recipes from them.

Whatever their politics are I have never known, as they don't say.

Penzeys has a few shops here; around the time they got all weird politically, we walked into the one in St Paul and there were silly little manifestos
    & rants printed out and stuck all over the shop. The employee there seemed a bit embarrassed by it all. Eff 'em.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List