I had the living crap shot out of me at the NTI. We were in a room, where a bunch of bad guys entered. Ah - ha - I bolted out the door into 4 more with at least fully auto something. Plus handguns - Code Eagle, sims. Quite the mix and they opened up on me. Hit front and back. Wearing a t-shirt. Black and blue, broke the skin in places, bloody mess to pull off later. I've mentioned this before that at the university gym when changing some folks asked if I fell down and went boom. Explaining it was a simulated gun fight - OH DEAR! Wife was mad at the old fart taking risks.

What choices - fight four guys with a j frame or flee into four guys. Later I did disarm a well known trainer with a Sims Glock and procede to shoot said person. There was a debate whether I should have shot an unarmed person at the time. My view was that they just tried to kill us and I disarmed them. They could have disarmed me. Thus, bang -whistle blew. Ref said one sim was enough. The Ref was a state trooper who also said he bought my rationale and the shot was righteous. Got shot some more in various runs, shot some bad people.

Caught a Code Eagle on my hand - it was red and that freaked me for a moment till I realized it was paint.

I went for the folded up washcloth in my pants as I found the cup uncomfortable. Luckily, didn't shot there. Got my hand screwed up in knife class - had to wear a gadget - another thing to explain to the denizens of the liberal arts world.

Wife won't let me do this anymore and I need to take care of her, so I won't risk injury in training - not that my old bod is up for that.