Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Going To Aesthetic 1911 Hell...

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    What is that on the mag release on the right side of the gun?
    It's an ambidexterous magazine release lever, developed by former senior FN engineer Leon Hubert and sold by BH Spring Solutions. It's easily installed, and operates as a lever system. In actual use, it's totally unobtrusive. While I rarely use it to eject a magazine, I look at it as a "tool in the toolbox" sort of thing; it's a situationally cionvenient option. It uses a slightly lighter than OEM magazine catch release spring, but not so light to cause any inadvertant magazine releases. It's sold as a set (the magazine release, spring, and ambi lever), and the lever pedal itself can be detached from the component. They have a similar set-up for the High Power and Glock; I have one on my High Power (which for some reason I find myself more likely to use than the one for the 1911, but am not a fan of replacing OEM Glock polymer parts with after-market metal ones, so it's unlikely I'll ever request one from BH Spring Solutions to test.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....s-mag-release/

Best, Jon

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    VCD grips work well, and I have them installed on a couple guns.

I really like simple Herret's wood stocks -- they work as well as anything including the new-fangled G10 stuff. Plus Delta (hah).

The black rubber Colt grips work great too.

What you have done there is an abomination.

But hey do what you like. Just tell yourself over and over that it will be fine.

Seriously, it's your gun. Do whatever works for you, no matter how distasteful it is.

It's a free country. Weirdo.
    Feeling the burn/scorch..... :-)

No disagreement over the concept or the schizophrenic approach/appearance....It'll be interesting to see how (and if) it tangibly works for me over time.

Best, Jon

You, sir, are a monster.

I may try something similar.

ETA: if you search "VCD Thumbscoop" on duck duck go, this thread is the second hit. Well done.
    Last edited by randyho; 04-26-2022 at 06:01 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    As long as you carry it strong side so the wood is facing out, nobody should ever have to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    I ordered a set of these and now I'm having a hard time not ordering 5 or 6 more sets for everything else in 1911land; I've already ordered a few to outfit the things in Sigland. There's different patterns of course, but the plain old regular checkering seems to work for me the best. Pirahna, etc don't seem to feel as well or grip as well as the plain old checkering.
    Hogue G10 checkered are hand heaven on a P226 and about as good as they could be on a P220 without losing the relative slimness of the single stack. Just stay away from the "All-Around" that has the Nills Griff humpbackstrap.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-26-2022 at 06:12 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have a set of Hogue G10s for the 1911. They are exceptionally grippy, and aesthetically quite nice-but for overall grippiness, I found the VCDs are a bit better, and I really like the thumbresat on the BH SSs.

Here's an image of Hogue G10s on my Colt Series 70 stainless Repro:

And what it's wearing now...

But for a "BBQ function" I might be tempted to put the Hogues on...

Best, Jon

You.

Are.

Dead.

To.

Me.

P.S. I keed, I keed!

I'm Going To Aesthetic 1911 Hell...

Regular Hell. You're going to regular hell, Jon. Unless Aesthetic 1911 Hell is actually worse than Regular Hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post

You.

Are.

Dead.

To.

Me.

P.S. I keed, I keed!
    P.P.S.

Really like the series 70 Govt model

Site Supporter
    When spray paint is the obvious answer to your problem, I think you’re already there. Couple of light coats and then rock on!

User Tag List