Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of arrow is this?

Site Supporter

What kind of arrow is this?

I was watching an episode of Naked and Afraid and a guy from Portugal managed to shoot a couple of birds in flight. A POV shot showed a tip I've never seen. Anybody got any ideas?
    Name:  Arrow.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  63.9 KB

Hunting birds

Snaro bird point.

Considering the number of arrows I lost shooting at bales, I shudder to think of how many I'd have lost shooting them into the air!

Thanks for the input on that...an itch has been scratched!

Site Supporter
    Bird hunting point: the loops can catch the wings or body and a wing and tangle them up. No need to hit a little bird in a single vital spot.

Kind of like why we shoot shotguns at them instead of .22s.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Considering the number of arrows I lost shooting at bales, I shudder to think of how many I'd have lost shooting them into the air!
    Never fall in love with your ammo.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Arrows that are made to shoot at flying birds are fletched with Flu Flu fletching to limit distance. Large, coarse, brightly colored feathers to create a lot of drag. Flu Flu arrows make bow hunting for birds an easier task | Lifestyle | gazette.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    And it always cracks me up that we think nothing of shooting up a $10 box of ammo in ten minutes, but lose a $10 arrow and it pisses ya off and ya search for a half hour...

Federalist Cossack arrow.

User Tag List