Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock size, Gadgets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    You could get a G19 frame chopped to G26 length. Several members have guns configured like that including @DocGKR and @GJM. If the G19 has been vetted as reliable already, a correctly performed frame chop wouldn’t cause any variables to the cycle of operations.
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    That setup runs well. As someone else said you could get a grip chopped g19 to.
    Chopped 19s feel totally different to me - I’m not a fan.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My favorite configuration is a 19 slide on a 26 frame, but I’m not willing to put the sheer volume of carry ammunition through it to pronounce it good for EDC.
    I'd rather use a p365xl or p365 over anything smaller than a regular G19

Same. I have a cr920 for very limited use but really a g19 for me is the best one and done gun
    G19 shoots so well for the size, it is somewhat incredible

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I'd rather use a p365xl or p365 over anything smaller than a regular G19

G19 shoots so well for the size, it is somewhat incredible
    It really does. I mean I generally can slow fire an 10 round 84 to 87 on a B8 at 25 consistently with a G19.

Good days 90s.

It is funny I keep wanting to swap out the minus connectors for a dot or standard connector but I just shoot a tad better with the minus (the other two take more concentration)

My carry guns are the minus while my range guns are stock or dot connectors

It really does. I mean I generally can slow fire an 10 round 84 to 87 on a B8 at 25 consistently with a G19.

Good days 90s.

It is funny I keep wanting to swap out the minus connectors for a dot or standard connector but I just shoot a tad better with the minus (the other two take more concentration)

If you shoot better with the minus connector why do you not change all of your guns to that set up. Im looking for the reason to have a heavier trigger that you dont shoot as well in your range guns. The only thing that comes to mine is wanting a slightly heavier trigger for multiple reholstering.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    If you shoot better with the minus connector why do you not change all of your guns to that set up. Im looking for the reason to have a heavier trigger that you dont shoot as well in your range guns. The only thing that comes to mine is wanting a slightly heavier trigger for multiple reholstering.
    Great question the idea was to make range shooting harder. Shoot with a stock trigger normally and the minus feels amazing for distance shooting

Site Supporter
    Great question the idea was to make range shooting harder. Shoot with a stock trigger normally and the minus feels amazing for distance shooting
    I do this with weightlifting. If I’m going for hi rep higher weight squats, I’ll go do one or two reps of really heavy (for me) weight. This makes the hi rep weights seem lighter.

With guns, I can see the same thing. However, do you think there may be a safety issue in playing around with trigger weight/feel in training guns vs carry guns? Maybe not, I’m not saying there is, just wondering.

Saying the G26 wants to roll out over the belt, what does that mean? Do you find the G19 easier to carry in some ways?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I do this with weightlifting. If I’m going for hi rep higher weight squats, I’ll go do one or two reps of really heavy (for me) weight. This makes the hi rep weights seem lighter.

With guns, I can see the same thing. However, do you think there may be a safety issue in playing around with trigger weight/feel in training guns vs carry guns? Maybe not, I’m not saying there is, just wondering.

Saying the G26 wants to roll out over the belt, what does that mean? Do you find the G19 easier to carry in some ways?
    Not an issue as I do still shoot the carry guns too. They just get much less rounds. Also at speed all the connectors feel the same imo. That said I have 4 more oem minus connectors coming from a buddy so the training guns may get swapped to minus too.

The 26 tipping over usually is for aiwb carry. Keel principal.

Usually can be resolved by carrying a g26 in a g19 holster (though it will still be a bit more tipsy vs a g19)
    Last edited by G19Fan; 04-27-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Good days 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I use ghost rocket connectors and with OEM springs they measure at 5 lb pulls for me. I really prefer the feel of the break and the reduced over travel, and they've been reliable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I use ghost rocket connectors and with OEM springs they measure at 5 lb pulls for me. I really prefer the feel of the break and the reduced over travel, and they've been reliable for me.
    Nice I tend to stick with oem connectors after having broken some aftermarket ones

I did what everyone does, I went from a gen 3 17 14 years ago to HKs, berettas, Sig, 1911s, you name it. I live in CT, were limited to 10 rounds so I have toyed with all the size glocks.

I ended up with a g43x and 48 milled for a 507K. I carry that thing all the time. I have a 45 milled with a 509T and it seems to check the boxes for me for everything else. I wish I had all that $$ back I spent chasing Glock Killers. I find that they work for me, and I was chasing tiny gains and costing me tons of $$

I have a large (per mechanix sizing) hand and the 19,45 and 48 all fit the hand great with a slight undercut.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List